Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 10:41:03 PM EDT
Just an FYI, I was in wild west guns today bullshiting with Ken. We has a lot of stripped lowers, complete lowers and various other reciever parts. He is also planning on carrying beta-c's and other mags among other things. He gave me a price of 235.00 for a beta when they get here. They are also A.R.M.'s and surefire dealers so I think he might be carrying those also. I have yet to find anyone that carries A.R.M.'s mounts in Anchorage. He just did a colt group buy and they went for around 950.00 for the LEO marked M-4's. I have never seen any gunshops in Anchorage stocking AR recievers or parts for that matter so I just though I would pass it along. If you do go there I would only talk to Ken, he is a straight up guy and will give you a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Great guy to deal with, does business on the High Road.  
Group Buy Price was $899 for NIB Colt M4.
Also just did a surefire group buy - 35% off retail
Doing a Glock Mag group buy $15.99 ea NIW

Tell him I sent you and he will only charge you 10% above what everyone else pays

Chris
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
He didnt say when the Beta's would be in did he?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably in a few weeks on the beta's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
How much is WWG charging for stripped lowers? Also, what brands do they have? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#5]
He had Betas ~ 10 days ago when I was down there
Did you ask him, I only saw one on display and it was hooked upto the Keltec rifle.
Chris
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Is he still able to purchase Colt M4s?

Are they A2 or A3?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
WILD WEST GUNS, INC.
7521 Old Seward Highway
Anchorage, Alaska 99518
Toll Free (800) 992-4570 (US only)
(907) 344-4500
Fax (907)-344-4005
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m, Alaska Time

Ask for Ken.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks I'll have to give him a call in the next week or so........
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't go in there anymore, got tired of being talked down to and all that IMHO that old guy behind the counter withthe glasses is the exact reason I sent my pistols out of state to get worked on . I'll order my stripped AR lower somewhere else just outof spite even If i pay more for it
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I second that as well. That white haired fucking prick can kiss my ass. He treats people like dogshit and I wont give that fucker a penny of my money. Too many people have complained over the years of his fucked up attitude and refuse to go into that store anymore and Ive also seen screwed up guns come out of there too. Suprised nobody's punched that dickhead's lights out yet.  Tbuck, if he treats you with respect, then your real lucky because I can count about 15 people so far that wont go there ever again (military, police, etc). I'll be damned if I ever step foot in that store again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Went in over the weekend, looking to see if he had any BM M4 left, he did but only the A2 version.  He didn't seem to happy to answer questions.  I remember him from a year or so back when I wanted to purchase a Glock and told me that I was looking for the wrong thing and to buy one of his COLT 1911 guns for +$900.00 and that Glock was junk and I'll have parts breaking all the time because its made of plastic.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, never have seen that side of Ken.  Sorry to hear that you guys had bad experiences.  
Chris
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#13]
It's important to remember that it's not entirely fair for us to bash him , he can't defend himself or his buisness and we don't want to have the moderators step in ...H AH AH HA HA HA HA H AHA  you guys though i was serious ......I go to other local shops not because they have the best prices or selection but they awnser all my stupid rick(me) type questions I have. and never make me feel stupid . that is the mark that is left by all good gun shops , I give people the 3 strike rule , 1 time OK you had a bad day .. 2 times ok that confirmed it and the third time never happens I SAY KICK HIM IN THE SACK
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Went in over the weekend, looking to see if he had any BM M4 left, he did but only the A2 version.  He didn't seem to happy to answer questions.  I remember him from a year or so back when I wanted to purchase a Glock and told me that I was looking for the wrong thing and to buy one of his COLT 1911 guns for +$900.00 and that Glock was junk and I'll have parts breaking all the time because its made of plastic.  

the other thing that jerks my chain is the " this gun is the only gun that is good" mentality , I shoot my BHP just fine other people it just doesn't fit them etc to say a 1911 is for everyone is just assanine
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Ken can be a little harsh at times. I have known him for a long time so maybe I'm used to his shit. I don't think I have ever bought a gun from him just ammo and accesories. Normally when I go in there I know what I want and don't have to ask any questions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I'ts a gun store, and people expect customer service.  Just like when you go to buy a new vehicle, and don't want to be pushed around by the car salesmen.  Some of us are just expressing our opinion.  Some gunshops are better than others, just depends on how you are treated.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#18]
If I wanted someone to hold my hand, pour me a cup of coffee and kiss my ass I would just talk to my wife. Not someone at a gun shop. LOL
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If I wanted someone to hold my hand, pour me a cup of coffee and kiss my ass I would just talk to my wife. Not someone at a gun shop. LOL

I understand that TBuck but on the flip side if I wanted someone to stomp on my nutz and talk to me like i was dirt and tell me i don't know what i am talking about I would go hang out with my father in law
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn that sounds like my father inlaw. He is a retired postal investigator, big game hunter, trophys all over the house kind of guy. He is a great northern guy also. He borrowed my harris bipod for a weight on his .22 rifle and said I need a different model, so sell me this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top