Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 2:55:44 PM EDT
My son lives in Fairbanks and I want to ship him several boxes of ammo.  You Alaska folks have any suggestions as how this might best be done?  Thanks ahead for any feedback.  I'm in Seattle by the way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
gonna have to go hazardous cargo and that means lots of extra $
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Barge from Kent, WA to ANC, Ground to Fairbanks.  Better have a lot of ammo to make it worth the $$.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks much for the advice people...  I'll check out the barge idea.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
You will be amazed at the minimum charge they will want.  As said, it's not worth it for just a few boxes.  Usually I have to ship 4 or 5 cases of ammo to make it worth it.  If you can ship a small quantity for a hazardous charge of $8 to $25, that would be far cheaper, but I'm not sure if they will let you.  Alaska's ammo is all shipped up by ocean freight.  Is it such special ammo that it cannot be bought or ordered here?  Many gunshops will order special ammo requests and get it shipped up with the rest of their ammo order.  If it's handloads, then that's out of course.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're actually going to ship, use KeyTrans.  They charge about $75 per 500lbs from Kent to Anc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top