Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 10:10:33 AM EDT
This weekend a friend of mine and I are going up after the 40 mile herd.  Has any one else gone out yet?  We are aiming to be back sometime sunday evening.  Success or not we will definately have pictures to share.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
lady i work with got back from there , not long ago but during the fire time up there , she took 4 , heat ruined alot of the meat
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you find out how far off the road she was?  Fish and Game said 30-40miles as of last night but other people coming back havesiad they are right there at the road a couple miles in.  If it is over ten I am screwed since I don't have an ATV to use.  Oh well there is always moose and bear.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the Porcupine heard, but not the 40 mile herd - where is it?  On the Dalton Highway I know you only have to be 5 miles off the road.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I got back last night we didn't see anything or anyone that had seen anything.  It was a truely beautiful area though still had a good trip it was nice to get away.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
We returned last week from hunting the western arctic herd out of Kotz.  Pretty nice hunt and we each shot two animals.

The guys 10 miles up the river from us lucked out and were in the middle of the migration.  They supposedly had a couple thousand animals in their valley.  From the looks of the antlers they brought back they definitely had their choice of some really large caribou.

Yummy caribou!

The real bummer was that I didn't think we'd be in moose country so I didn't get a tag.  We saw 4 shooter moose.  One would come down to our lake EVERY night......

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top