Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 12:05:13 AM EDT
God I miss Carrs.  I used to like going grocery shopping, and was actually proud(!) that ANC had such a good grocery store.  But I can't stand the place now that Safeway's taken over.  their take out food is inedible, they stock all the crappy Lucerne and Safeway brands, they always understaff their checkout lines so it takes forever to check out, the stores are so dingy and the produce is crappier, and they raised the prices in the liquor store far beyond Brown Jug

They suck, and Fred Mysers is 3x farther away and much more crowded, becaus so many people prefer their groceries to Safeways.  

Please don't use that in the title - 1GR
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, we don't even HAVE a Carrs anymore!  Because of Safeway, there is only two Safeways now and closed down the one next to where I used to stay.  That closed store and two others have been closed and vacant ever since.  THANKS SAFEWAY you bastards!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Really funny part...I have to be up in three hours to report for me shift...Safeway bakery :-P
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Mmmm.  We used to have a friend who was head baker at a Safeway.  She gave us those giant sized glazed donuts and strawberry birthday cakes with the cool whip instead of old fashion frosting like the modern cakes now.  I miss those freebie donuts!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top