Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 11:00:02 PM EDT
My newest toy is finally complete (for now)

Anyone have a Nightforce 5.5-22 or 8-32 that they would be willing to work on a trade with me for?
Chris
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
ohhhhh aaaahhhhhhh very nice ... taken her out to eat some ammo yet ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Please give us more information on the rifle. Details Details.  Looks to be a Remington LTR?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
LTR in 308 with AICS 1.5 stock.  Leupold LRT 4.5-14x50 in ARMS #35 mount.
Would like to upgrade to Nightforce 5.5-22 or 8-32 in the not so distance future.  APparently I haven't eaten enough carrots and my vision doesn't seem to be the greates as it gets further and further out.  But for now she is a beaut.  She has  had a couple of meals.  It will be nice when I can shoot as god as the rifle can, for now MOA is all I am able to do.
Chris
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Does that stock require special mags?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they do, I looked them up looks like the 5rnds go for @$50hock.gif

Where did you get the stock from and how much $$$
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Stocks go for around $700.  I'm in to mine for ~$625, though it included an extra 10 round mag.  I bought it off of AR15.com, it was used, but everything looks new.  The 10 round mags run about $60 each.  You have to use AICS mags with the AICS stock.  Though when you consider that the HS mag conversion is close to $300, it's not that bad.  I actually like the stock much better that the HS stock.  Having an adjustable stock (LOP and sheck weld) is so nice.  Stock is a solid piece of alunium running the length of the stock.  It's bullet proof.
Cant go wrong with the AICS stocks
Chris
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
So your LTR had to have a mag conversion? My LTR is the DM model, I wonder if that would work with that stock.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
sweet
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
No, no mag conversion.  The barreled action drops into the stock and your are set to go.  Basically it just is plug and play. If anyone is interested in one and you are in the Fairbanks area let me know and we can hook up for you to play with it.  Always looking for an excuse to go and play

Chris
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you free this weekend?If we can get together sometime that would be great.  I have wanted to try it out before laying out the money.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, I don't want you coming over to my place for the mag deal anymore, not unless you bring your new toy for me to oggle over!  Congrats.  Let's have a quick show and tell with our new toys (I'm back in town now)

Quoted:
If anyone is interested in one and you are in the Fairbanks area let me know and we can hook up for you to play with it.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#12]
mildot reticle?  i think i have the same scope.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#13]
uafgrad-
That looks nice. I think I'm going to enjoy your old LTR stock.

I have a quick question about the AICS.  Is it left hand shooter friendly?  Does that cheek piece flip around?  Will the grip work with a lefty?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:50:07 AM EDT
[#14]
You are in soooooooooooooooo much trouble.  

Mail $.01 to everyone that replies to this post and we won't tell her.  
Legal disclaimer: The $.01 was only a joke.  In no way is it an attempt to extort $.01 from you.    

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Chris

Yes the stock is user friendly.  Can adjust cheek weld to left or right in equal amounts.  Don't flip it around though as this will prevent the bolt from coming back and engaging the next round in the mag.  Not that I found out the hard way.  The grip is pretty ambi.  There is actually a guy converting these (full guns either AI or AICS with 700 drop in) to work as left handed.  Sounds as though his conversion is top notch.  I believe that I read about it on snipers hide.  
Again I don't think you can go wrong with this stock!!!

Inferno
Yes Mildot, great scope

AK_Mike
Did you get my email about times/dates.  I am out of town this Saturday.  Friday or Sunday would work for me or sometime next week.  It seems to me you got a new tow recently didn't you????  Maybe we will have to introduce them for a date.
Also my cell phone is tits up.  Damn cell one.  Sell me on this new GSM system that is the end all to cell phones. Actually tell me that they are going to stop selling digital phones completely.  So I buy one.  Guess what... flipping system isn't working yet.  1/2 time I get call failed would you like to retry.  Out of the 1/2 that go through, atleast 1/2 again get dropped in mid call.  I get voice mail but the phone never rings.  Will get voice mail on my phone days after it arrives.  Phone will say new voive mail and go to check it and no voice mail.  I'm pissed at Cellone right now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top