Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2004 1:34:54 PM EDT
My Wife and kids are taking a trip on a cruise ship to your State. Leaving Aug 27th I think it's a 10 day deal. I wanted to go back to Hawaii but she decided the cold was better for my body and being in pain. I decided to stay home and buy rifles while she is gone and maybe a Range Rover. Will she be suprised when she gets back.
Anyway I am telling you because if you hear of any ship's going down and you work for EMS or CG...PLEASE don't save her let her DROWN.
Save the kids I could always sell them for ammo
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
A bit bitter are we?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummmhmmm.  I see.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
NO not bitter just MAD...I was looking forward to HAWAII instead.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats the difference between an airplane and a woman?
When an airplane lands in Hawaii it STOPS whining!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What does Hawaii have that we don't?

ETA: Other than pineapples, coconuts, kona coffee, grass skirts and palm trees
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I spent a lot of time in Hawaii, I'd much rather go to Alaska if I had a choice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You get 'laid' as you get off the plane... And it's free!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]

I don't see to many girls in Alaska struting around in thongs.  And the ones that do show off, usually shouldn't.  
A lesson we all should remember, spandex (and for that matter all revealing clothing) is not a right it is a privilege.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]
We had one woman in a thong selling hotdogs on a street downtown.  They made her stop because she was causing to many accidents.  Never saw the hotdog stand again, much less a thong in public here.  This place sucks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Well they are on their way to your Fine State......Hope my son doesn't cause to much destruction.

The only thing Hawaii has to offer me is an almost pain free body because of the weather. I could not see me getting on a Jet than a Ship to sail where it is about (50 or 60 degrees)? I guess it is daylight all the time also right now.

My bodie needs the warmth and has little Humidity as possible. Plus the meds I am on make me feel like I have motion sickness on land. I have to use Dramamine every 3 or 4 days to start with. I could see me on a ship throwing up the whole time.

I was in Alaska many years ago and it was ok.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Man
We were probably warmer than many places in Hawaii this summer.  90 degree days were common with no humidity.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Does it really get that hot there or is that some sort of freak thing? I thought it never goes above 70 and that is only for a short time. When I was there it was cold and dark.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, thong season is generally July 4th to July 5th here in Anchorage, however it's usually indoors and you have to pay a cover charge.

But in truth, it seems like taking seperate vacations is working for you.  Although you must have gotten married a loooong time ago.    My damn wife insists on taking vacations WITH me.  What do you recommend I do?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea Seperate is the way to go. My Vacation will be for the Get together in Texas in October.....Hope to have a new vehicle to drive instead of flying.
Guess their trip was OK they said they were swimming in outdoor heated pool. I think it was in Nome. Anyway they come home tomorrow and I hope she stays at her Mothers till Monday at least.

Only problem I didn't sneak any new toys into the house, but wait till the 13th
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Does it really get that hot there or is that some sort of freak thing? I thought it never goes above 70 and that is only for a short time. When I was there it was cold and dark.

Fairbanks is officially the city with the widest temperature range on Earth.  Listed at -66 to +99, and I have personally experienced -77 in Fort Yukon and 103 in Fairbanks briefly.  The interior gets hotter and colder than the coastal areas.  Remember that this state is BIG, it's not just a tiny state above the arctic circle.  I still remember when we had 5 time zones - no $hit.  The chain extends past the international date line, which by the way, makes Alaska the most Northern, Western, AND Eastern state in the union thank you very much.  There are multiple climate systems and regions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top