Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 7:38:05 AM EDT
I am going all over the place on what to carry when just out fishing or in the woods.
Do I carry a 44 Mag?
12 guage with slugs?
Guide Gun (AKMike (I think) mentioned the 45-70 marlin)
FAL carbine with 20 round mag?
I don't want my kids to get eaten because I step between momma and cubs one day.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Fishing guides gun of choice is a 12 gague with slugs. Mine also. I have a 44 but don't carry it unless nothing else will work, then usualy just do without. I also have a 45/70 guide gun. Great choice but Im much faster with the 870 I have fired 20,000 rounds through.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I know where there is a Magnum Research BFR in 454 Cassull for $425  stainless with a little 4 5/8" Barrell . anyone want this beauty ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of shape is it in??
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
it's in excellent shape less than 20 rounds through it , It's mine i inherited it , but I won't ever shoot a 454 , i tried to sell it myself but got fed up with it . It's at Great Northern Guns here in anchorage. it has rosewood grips on it single action , great gun for someone who wants a thumper
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]
12 gauge with slugs
45-70 lever action
.338 Winmag
.44 or better.

However, if you aren't going to carry it all the time and keep laying it down, you might as well carry a really large bore revolver.  However, when that bear is in your face, you'll wish you had that shotgun.  The shotgun I carry is a 14" bbl, in a leg or back quick draw holster.  Most times, unless it's the polar variety, a shot from a .44 cracked over their heads will make most go away.  If it's going to be a revolver, make it a magnum or larger preferably.  Whatever it is, just make sure you carry it all the time and not leave it leaning against a tree or in the tackle box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top