Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 6:41:33 PM EDT
Took a tour to the northern most piece of land in the US, about 5-8 miles past the end of the road up here.  How did we make it over that sandy muddy land?  Hummers of course...

This is in the summertime.  Polar bears don't really hibernate as in the traditional idea.  They kind of lounge around fairly inactive.  You can just make one out on a spit of land past the shore we are on.  Those are icebergs and broken pac ice.  Did I mention it was summertime?

Most native villages bury the whale carcasses (the unused portions) in an area away from the village so as not to attract the bears into town.  Here's one of the bone piles we saw going to the northern point.

Alright, 'bout time someone else help me out and start posting some stuff.  Still want to see some shoots - Alaskan Style!

AK_Mike out!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Any chance you could get me a whale tooth of one of them thar bone piles!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top