Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/17/2022 2:17:53 PM EDT
Just kicking around the idea of organizing and hosting an Iowa HTF MOA shoot.  Wanted to see what the interest would be from the group.  I'm located SW of Des Moines about 45 minutes from the 35/235/80 interchange in WDSM.  Have a new range built could easily accommodate 15-20 shooters per relay, more if we set up at the 100 yard berm and shoot into the 200 berm.  

Here is a video of a MOA shoot in GA I have attended in the past just to give you an idea what it is all about and a link to the rules along with and an example target.  Let me know your thoughts and time of year to do it if you are interested.  I would not want to do it any later in the year than the weekend before youth deer season starts.  I have lots of prime deer hunting around me and dont want to be "that" neighbor when others are trying to hunt and getting their kid a deer.  

Video

Rules

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try and run out for one.  I haven't shot for groups in a long time would be good to get back to basics.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like fun. I can see if my brother ia interested too. He's gotten interested in accuracy work the last year or so.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like it'd be fun. I'd certainly attempt to make it
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a fun time!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont have a precision rig currently but I'd come out for the fun. I'm usually a minute of steel plate, as fast as possible kind of guy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The ones I have been to people are more than willing to let you try out their equipment to shoot a relay.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
We are about to have our 8th annual MOA shoot in GA.  It really is a good time.  It’s nice to know what your gear can do and to learn how good of a shooter you are.  We started with a limit of 40 people for the first few shoots.  After we moved the shoot to a different area, we realized we could have 32 lanes and removed the limit to the signups.  This year we have 60 people signed up.  

If the timing is right, I’d come up and help get this one going.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Interested. Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
8th Annual GHTF MOA All Day Challenge, 1 October 2022-HD

We have fun at ours.  
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top