Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 5/4/2022 10:50:44 AM EDT
So what did I miss 2 local auction companies are not selling guns at their spring auctions this year(like they always have) I talked to the one and the said thanks to the new Biden laws

What's this all about anyone have a clue?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
all kinds of gun auctions going on in Iowa.  No idea what is up with the two companies you spoke to.

http://www.hawkeyetrader.com/auctions/auctions/categoryevents/7-Ammunition/Guns/Sporting%20Goods.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
all kinds of gun auctions going on in Iowa.  No idea what is up with the two companies you spoke to.

http://www.hawkeyetrader.com/auctions/auctions/categoryevents/7-Ammunition/Guns/Sporting%20Goods.html
View Quote

The first one on that list is the ones I just talked to lol no guns/ammo on their 2022 sportsman's auction they always had a local FFL do the transfer in the past.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably enforcing the current laws on the books. But Auction houses seem to never follow. No transfers can be made at the auction they have to be done at the place of business. Even if the person has a buyers permit or carry license. And just because a gun is old and taken apart and junk the receiver still has to be transferred. I have seen this at lots of auctions that sold a gun as parts/junk without transferring. It has to meet the atf's wording to what they say is a destroyed receiver as to the cuts and how many of them.

I know several ffls that were told to stop doing these types of transfers and that the atf were going to start enforcing these rules and were going to start stings to catch them. So maybe the word is out.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably enforcing the current laws on the books. But Auction houses seem to never follow. No transfers can be made at the auction they have to be done at the place of business. Even if the person has a buyers permit or carry license. And just because a gun is old and taken apart and junk the receiver still has to be transferred. I have seen this at lots of auctions that sold a gun as parts/junk without transferring. It has to meet the atf's wording to what they say is a destroyed receiver as to the cuts and how many of them.

I know several ffls that were told to stop doing these types of transfers and that the atf were going to start enforcing these rules and were going to start stings to catch them. So maybe the word is out.  
View Quote

I've never heard an ffl has to transfer a firearm at the place of business that makes no sense when you figure how many transfers they do at a gun show
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]
At a gun show they are their guns. Not at an auction. So it has to be done at the place of business. Straight from a ATF's agents mouth.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've never heard an ffl has to transfer a firearm at the place of business that makes no sense when you figure how many transfers they do at a gun show
View Quote

um that's how the "American Guns" guy lost his license
he would fly to people's places and buy or sell/deliver guns not at the place of business.
on the 4473 there is an area that states if you are at a gun show to show where the sale happened
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking to buy a Contender from a local guy a few years ago. He has an unrelated business in Mason City, said if I bought the gun we'd have to go to Algona, because that's where hos FFL was based, transfers had to be made at the licensed premises OR a gunshow.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

he would fly to people's places and buy or sell/deliver guns not at the place of business.
on the 4473 there is an area that states if you are at a gun show to show where the sale happened
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly. American Guns guy had already lost his license and was still selling, then taking buyers elsewhere to fill out the paperwork.

IIRC he lost his license over paperwork errors. Then they popped him for dealing without a license over the above.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not exactly. American Guns guy had already lost his license and was still selling, then taking buyers elsewhere to fill out the paperwork.

IIRC he lost his license over paperwork errors. Then they popped him for dealing without a license over the above.
View Quote

Yeah what a cluster
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
American Guns...is that the show that showcased how cute the daughter was by what she was wearing?  If I remember right her mom seemed to enjoy showing off her "enhanced" frontal chest area as well.  (.)(.)

The son seemed to be an aspiring firearms engraver on the show and had done some nice work on some revolvers.
View Quote

That's them.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top