Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/24/2022 7:40:31 PM EDT
Hello,
I am looking for recommendations for a roofer in Fairfield Iowa.
Thanks,
rbannon
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Grew up SE of Fairfield on a farm. I attended and graduated from FHS in 1959. Mother was a long time teacher in Fairfield.

Been gone too long to know the current good roofers. Wife and I now own the family and we are there weekly in the summer mowing grass and general maintenance.

I would be careful dealing with companies from the North side of Fairfield, there have been some problems.

Google lists three, one has been in business for 10 years.

Check Yelp and some sites like that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Just had New Star Construction of Drakesville put metal roof on, north of you a bit. They are Amish. Not sure if they do shingles or not. (641) 208-2507
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just had New Star Construction of Drakesville put metal roof on, north of you a bit. They are Amish. Not sure if they do shingles or not. (641) 208-2507
View Quote

When I was getting quotes for my roof the local Amish were lower priced than anyone else by about $1000 for them to do the work. We ended up buying the materials and doing it ourselves. I don't recommend that route. We saved a LOT of money but it's a LOT of work!

Saved well over $2000, even after paying one helper what he wanted and giving my brother in law(who didn't want payment) a deer rifle.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top