Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/30/2020 1:49:07 PM EDT
Picked up a custom Mauser 98 in 6.5 Swede that was short chambered, will not chamber any 140 grain ammo. Looking for a gunsmith in Des Moines area who could lengthen chamber. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have the finish reamer ?  You might try Tom at the Rhine Group.  He is a Swede fan.  

kwg
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Going to rent a reamer and have Tom do the work.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't seen Rhine Group mentioned in a long time. They used to be talked about almost constantly. Glad to hear they're still around. I heard a lot of good things.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, they don't have much to sell right now.   Since they are a little shop they can't leverage buy.  They have the Glock Blue Box dealership for central Iowa but the distributor doesn't have any to send them.  I was there just 2 hours ago and they were down to their last 2 stripped lowers.   No powder, little loaded ammo and very little Magpul stuff.   Tom and Jeremy are there pretty much every day.  I'm sure they would appreciate a visit.  

kwg
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top