Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2020 3:56:06 PM EDT
Mark your calendars ladies and gentlemen for the Iowa Firearms Coalitions annual Second Amendment Day at the Capitol Building in Des Moines, Iowa on February 25, 2021 from 1:30pm-4:30pm.

This is the largest 2A freedom rally organized in the state of Iowa.  Show up to support current efforts to push pro 2A legislation in Iowa & lobby your individual state Representatives & Senators.

We will have the whole rotunda area reserved from 1:30--4:30pm. We will hear from IFC Leadership, speakers, representatives, etc. NRA representatives will be on hand as well.

Last year approximately 350 people turned out to lobby for increased 2A protections & legislation and the energy was incredible.  Let's make this year's event even better.  Spread the word far and wide.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Update: The Capitol Complex has canceled all room reservations this legislative session due to Covid concerns and the need for legislators to spread out as much as possible.  We will now be meeting in the rotunda area at 1:30pm.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing see you there
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s my birthday! Maybe I can get off work...
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Update to OP
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thankyou
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]
For those looking to attend for the first time, we meet at the Capitol Building ground floor rotunda area (if you haven't been to the Capitol, you can't miss it - it is dead center of the building).  Pick up an orange sticker at one of the IFC tables.  Follow the crowd and hear from the speakers and reps.  The Gibson sisters (who are competition shooters and positive ambassadors for 2A freedom) have been very helpful in years past with helping people contact & interact with their specific legislators.  If you are so inclined, concealed carry is allowed in the Capitol Building.  Just show your CCW card at the security checkpoint.  In years past, the legislators have held votes on 2A issues while we were there which was fun & educational to observe.  Come out and make your voice heard.  Leave whenever you wish.  I hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines folks.  Don't let the recent events in DC keep you away.  Get out and make your voice heard!  Come be part of the largest freedom rally in Iowa & help preserve 2A freedoms.  This is shaping up to be the best event yet!

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ladies & Gentlemen, we are two weeks away from 2A Day at the Capitol!  Come out to show support for the Freedom Amendment and other pro-2A legislation making headway this year.  Gather with like minded, freedom loving Iowans and tell your representatives to be unwavering in their support of pro-2A freedoms.  Future generations of Iowans are counting on you to be active now.  

Arrive at the Capitol Building in Des Moines on Thursday February 25 before 1:30pm and head to the Rotunda area.  There will be IFC representatives on hand to provide you with an easily recognizable sticker.  There will be a few words from IFC, Pete Brownell, NRA, Turning Point USA & current Iowa Senators/Representatives, before attendees will lobby their individual reps.  IFC staff will be available to assist anyone in participating for the first time.  The process is very easy.  

The event kicks off at 130pm and will conclude at 430pm.  I hope to see every one of you there!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there again. Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I will be there. This will be my first time going.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be there. This will be my first time going.
View Quote

Nandoz gets it. Looking forward to seeing you there! All indications suggest a high attendance. Get there early and be engaged in protecting 2A virtues now & for future generations.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Constitutional Carry!!! Here's hoping Iowa is the 19th State in the Union.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Constitutional Carry!!! Here's hoping Iowa is the 19th State in the Union.
View Quote

That was awesome to hear today! I have a good feeling about it this time.

Let's hope the Dorr brothers don't sabatoge it this time
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That was awesome to hear today! I have a good feeling about it this time.

Let's hope the Dorr brothers don't sabatoge it this time
View Quote

“Let's hope the Dorr brothers don't sabatoge it” AGAIN. Of course they are already taking credit... just send in money and they will see to it that constitutional carry is the law of the land I just wish I had more burner Facebook pages to get banned on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I was unable to make it due to work, does anyone have a run down of what is all being considered this year?  SBR's?  Cleaning up the wording so you don't forfeit your god given rights just for driving through the school parking lot to drop/pickup your kid at school?  Others?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ga=89&ba=Hsb254
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was unable to make it due to work, does anyone have a run down of what is all being considered this year?  SBR's?  Cleaning up the wording so you don't forfeit your god given rights just for driving through the school parking lot to drop/pickup your kid at school?  Others?
View Quote

We've had SBR's, SBS's, and suppressors for a few years now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Thank you! that's what I thought and I was "corrected"  awhile back by someone in LE that suppressors were the only thing legal.  I looked in Chapter 724 and it was clear as mud with SBR's and SBS's still listed as Offensive Weapons under 724.1.1(b).   Point I was trying to make was we  have a pro 2A majority in both sides of the house, we should be steam rolling things through and repealing bad laws.  If I am carrying and going to pick up my kids at school I shouldn't have to go home 1st to remove it from my vehicle just to turn around and drive through the parking lot (never exiting the vehicle) to pick them up is just one example.  If I have to go inside or a to a game I should be able to place it in a locked container in my vehicle or in the trunk with no issues, MG's being another, binary or like triggers, etc. and the list goes on.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Just wanted to say THANKS to the IFC crew for helping get Constitutional Carry passed in both the house and senate!!!!! It's a great time to be an Iowan!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top