Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2020 11:59:44 AM EDT
I bought a Stevens 520.

I need an inertia block spring.

Anybody have one to sell or borrow to get measurements of it to have one made?

I know...VERY long shot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a Stevens 520.

I need an inertia block spring.

Anybody have one to sell or borrow to get measurements of it to have one made?

I know...VERY long shot.
View Quote

did you try Numrich Gun Parts?  They carry many parts for old guns.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack First Parts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, checked ‘em both....both out of stock.

Had time at work today and looked at 6 or 8 pages of a google search. Either out of stock or not listed as available.

Got a heck of a deal on the gun though...$100
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Been buying a lot of older guns lately.  It can turn into a rat hole very quickly.  I needed a firing pin for a Beretta 418.  Eventually found one.  $90.  Needed grips for a Colt Commando (the WW2 revolver).  A surprisingly difficult item to find and expensive when you do.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Try Ahlman's in Minnesota. They've got a whole room full of junk guns-stuff they've considered unrepairable and are either parting out or selling as-is to someone who has more time to look for parts.

ETA-You could also try calling John Sieh in Clear Lake(IA).  Pretty sure his number is still listed in the phone book. He used to be the go-to guy for properly done, low cost gunsmithing. If you didn't need it fast he was the one to go to-it would be done right.  Doesn't do the work anymore(age caught up to him) but he's still in the hobby. He has fishing tackle boxes full of small parts-or he did the last time I talked to him.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been buying a lot of older guns lately.  It can turn into a rat hole very quickly.  I needed a firing pin for a Beretta 418.  Eventually found one.  $90.  Needed grips for a Colt Commando (the WW2 revolver).  A surprisingly difficult item to find and expensive when you do.
View Quote

Well aware of that. Bought a Remington pre-model 10 recently. Being 112 years old, it's got a lot of wear and misfeeds. Got that working, but now something is stuck in the action, keeping the bolt from closing enough to lock. I needed a project anyway.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
All good leads that I will follow up on.

That’s what this was...just a project.

Turning into an obsession.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top