Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/18/2020 7:45:35 PM EDT
Friend of mine just sent me this. Something chased a pony "through a fence" near Rudd the other day. A dog would be more likely but the track seems awfully big for a dog.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=789600121802091&id=100022563322143&sfnsn=mo&extid=JZakjhcodn38Q4It
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Cannot say for sure, but a dew claw on lowest pad is the telltale IIRC.

I have found these before... Bigger than any dog tracks I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cannot say for sure, but a dew claw on lowest pad is the telltale IIRC.

I have found these before... Bigger than any dog tracks I have ever seen.
View Quote

Maybe a wolf that doesn't know they don't live in Iowa? I know of one that was shot in a trap, and two very credible sightings in the last 3 years-but all three were several hours south.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:24:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks too much like a dog print for me with the nail marks being right in with the pad prints. Massive dog though for sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks too much like a dog print for me with the nail marks being right in with the pad prints. Massive dog though for sure.
View Quote

That's what I was leaning towards too, but the size threw me off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a big dog or maybe a Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
We had wolf wander down the middle of the highway near Conesville. I watched right out the front window thinking wtf?!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Canine track. Lion has a more kidney shape pad and normally wouldn't be showing claws. Saw them in the snow many years ago when deer hunting in the Olympics.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Definitely not a cat track.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw this some time ago on Facebook. It is definitely a canine. A very large canine for sure but a canine. Google will show the difference in that there are no claws in a normal cat track and the pad is shaped differently.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top