Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2020 10:12:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Might be better finding an honest collector than a shop for something like this. Every coin shop I have dealt with appraised 30-40 percent low because they had the idea of buying in their head.

I can help you out if any of the collection is Morgan or Peace dollars. Those are the only two I've kept up on values the past 15 years.

Any high grade Peace dollars, and I might be interested when the time comes to sell, and I'd treat you right.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was drilling at camp dodge I would stop buy Christopher’s coins, I mostly bought silver rounds and bars.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might be better finding an honest collector than a shop for something like this. Every coin shop I have dealt with appraised 30-40 percent low because they had the idea of buying in their head.

I can help you out if any of the collection is Morgan or Peace dollars. Those are the only two I've kept up on values the past 15 years.

Any high grade Peace dollars, and I might be interested when the time comes to sell, and I'd treat you right.
View Quote

Shit dude, next time you're in town I'll show you the small collection I have.

Lot of foreign bills and coins, probably little to no value. My grandma's husband after my grandpa passed away was an international airline pilot. There's some interesting stuff, at least I think it's interesting.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]
there is a state coin show usually in July unfortunately covid shut it down till October
these guys host it usually free but have a cheap raffle to help fund the club usually with a gold coin up for grabs!
use to be a member but have strayed from collecting these past few years my Grandpa is part of the club though

https://www.desmoines-coinclub.com

your best bet is to bring it there with multiple dealers to appraise they will less likely lowball you
it wouldn't hurt to go to Christopher's though biggest dealer in Iowa
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top