Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/31/2020 12:54:30 PM EDT
Will state parks be closed?  Or can we still go and enjoy them, get the kids outside, etc?  IA DNR already closed park buildings and bathrooms

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently the city of DSM just recently locked the gates on all their parks.  I believe State and County parks are still open though restrooms and shelters may be closed.  If the apocalypse gets much worse I can see them closing everything down.  There's an obvious reason why NYC is the epicenter for this shit in the US.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Reynolds seems to be pretty strongly against a SIP order.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#3]
If there is a SIP then state parks will be closed.  Gov is currently encouraging the use of parks while practicing SD but youth are not getting the message and parents are not helping
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reynolds seems to be pretty strongly against a SIP order.
View Quote

Exactly, what might be needed in major cities on the coasts and here in Iowa are significantly different. It was reported yesterday that the dumb ass governor of Virginia ordered the state locked down till the day after the primary elections in early June. Don't tell me that's not political.

Following a few simple guidelines and this is easily under control.

1) Self isolate for 14 days if you travel outside your local area into a hot spot or have contact with a known carrier.
2) Wash your hands, a lot.
3) Stay away from those who might be vulnerable.

The rest of us should get back to work, travel as necessary, and school. Really no different than the seasonal flue best practices.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not at all clear just what is meant by shelter in place.  Ok, every one stay home.  Except the grocery workers, first responders, and health care workers.  And gun shops, don't forget the gun shops (actually bought a gun at a shop Saturday).  You can not completely shut down the state as much as the fear mongers and "scientists" may want.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#6]
go check out iowa code 29c.6...  iowa isn't a state where you can easily 'lock down' by decree.  ...thank goodness.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Reynolds is likely going to be issuing some type of SIN today (maybe not)

I figured with the Iowa board of Medicine unanimously recommending a SIN she would. We shall yet see
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
SIN might prompt me to set up a range in my backyard. i've got 40 yds to the property line from my  patio doors. I'd be shooting downward so building a backstop would be easy.  Plus, my bacyard neighbor had a Cow in his garage for a month before the city forced him to get rid of it, so occasianal shooting would be okay for a while. ? bad idea?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
This is clearly a case of the Fed's cooking the books, it's time for our Governor to tell them to pound sand and get us back to work;

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-2-New-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf

"COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death."
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top