Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2020 3:21:22 PM EDT
More specifically Dalton's farm toys at this address?
1004 E 8th St N, Newton, IA 50208-2271

My son collects diecast farm equipment we have done quite a bit of business with this place over the last 10 years and have had great experiences. Whenever there's an issue we had no problem getting in contact with them. This past Christmas one of our tractors came in all damaged and they have been MIA. Their voicemails are full, they have no messages on their answering service as to them be closed for the holidays etc. I was hoping if anybody was close enough to the physical store they can see if there's any signs stating if they're actually still open and in business. We have emailed and called all the phone numbers that we can get via the website the order invoices and Google.

Thanks in advance, Joe.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
More specifically Dalton's farm toys at this address?
1004 E 8th St N, Newton, IA 50208-2271

My son collects diecast farm equipment we have done quite a bit of business with this place over the last 10 years and have had great experiences. Whenever there's an issue we had no problem getting in contact with them. This past Christmas one of our tractors came in all damaged and they have been MIA. Their voicemails are full, they have no messages on their answering service as to them be closed for the holidays etc. I was hoping if anybody was close enough to the physical store they can see if there's any signs stating if they're actually still open and in business. We have emailed and called all the phone numbers that we can get via the website the order invoices and Google.

Thanks in advance, Joe.
View Quote
joe, i think i drive within a block of that place when we go to church on sundays.  do me a favor.  send me a quick ditty through my contact page at controlledchaosarms.com and i'll save the communication as a reminder in my cal for sunday morning.  that way i can also give you a quick call or text pics to you.  glad to help if i can.

thanks,

michael
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
joe,

just talked a buddy that is into that stuff and he told me they just put on a huge die cast show last weekend.  they might be covered up between Christmas and the prep for that thing, which sounds like a big undertaking, with a simple back log.  but i'll check it out just the same.

i can go in there during the week and rattle a cage or two if need be.  i haven't been involved with a domestic dispute in nearly 3 hours.  this might be fun...

-m
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a million guys. I appreciate it. I'll keep trying for another few days and hopefully things will settle down for them soon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
nobody around there on sunday, which didn't surprise me, but the fresh snow was pushed and there were tracks back and forth to the door.  they must be among the living.

want me to take a trip into newton and knock on the door?

-m
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top