Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 1/2/2020 2:10:30 PM EDT
I guess I had no idea, is this a known thing?

I'm helping a coworker find an FFL for a transfer, he calls them since he lives a few blocks away from the shop.

"Sorry, store policy, we don't do anything with the AR platform"
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven’t sold them there in years.  Corporate decision.  Owners are in Colorado. None of the help liked the decision but it wasn’t theirs to make.

I still like the store and try to do some business there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I would give Lindy's in Boone or Jacobsen's in Story City my business.  I haven't set foot in JAX since they did that - and I liked them prior to that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Try an FFL finder website,

this one has 22 FFL's within 10 miles of Ames.

http://fflgundealers.net/search_results.php?location=50010&zip_miles=10&submit=Search+FFLs
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://fflgundealers.net/search_results.php?location=50010&zip_miles=10&submit=Search+FFLs
View Quote
Yup, used it

JAX got called since they're literally a few blocks from his house. I think I was last in their store in 2010 so I remembered it as a decent shop.

Since we both work in Des Moines, I suggested JT Guns on Merle Hay since I've always had a good experience with them. Got it all wrapped up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yup, used it

JAX got called since they're literally a few blocks from his house. I think I was last in their store in 2010 so I remembered it as a decent shop.

Since we both work in Des Moines, I suggested JT Guns on Merle Hay since I've always had a good experience with them. Got it all wrapped up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, used it

Rangemasters on Hickman is good to go as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont forget about the Rhine group in Ankeny. Great guys in my experience. I do my transfers through them.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top