Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/24/2019 10:22:04 AM EDT
"Gun Rights Advocates, get ready to mark you calendar for your opportunity to meet with your legislators face to face and let your voice be heard.  At a time when Second Amendment supporters are rallying in large numbers in Virginia and other states, lets show our elected officials right here at home that we stand together to protect our rights.

The Iowa Firearms Coalition is organizing our annual legislative action day at the Iowa State Capitol and we need your presence & voice more than ever.  There is a good chance we will see some pro-gun legislation in action and we will assist you in effectively lobbying your representative.  Standby for the announced rally date expected in late February."

UPDATE: The date has been set.  February 27th at 10am.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would love to see a great turn out for this event! The importance of moving the state constitutional amendment language on to the next step cannot be overstated.  We experienced a set back with the Secretary of State's Office and it is time to get this back on track.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If my work schedule stays the same, I'm off Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
LIKE!  Tell your buddies!

Fill that place up!
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The annual Second Amendment Day at the State Capitol has been set for February 27th at 10am in room #15.

The Iowa Firearms Association has organized a legislative action day at the Capitol Building in Des Moines.  We need all pro-2A citizen advocates from across Iowa to turn out and lobby your representatives in-person and rally with other freedom loving Iowans.

Now is the time to act and not stand on the side lines.  We can not do this without you.  Make your voices heard and your presence known.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there recommendation on a t-shirt for the 2A day at the capitol so we all look like one big group?

I'm sure the anti-2A peeps will be wearing one color.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
We should have some easily identifiable stickers to wear, like in years past.  Blue t-shirts (similar to what was handed out in Virginia recently) are in the works.  Honestly though, wear what you want to wear... Just show up and bring some friends if possible.  We can't do this without everyone's help.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to try and make it. This will be my first time going. No better time than now to start getting involved and getting my feet wet politically.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to try and make it. This will be my first time going. No better time than now to start getting involved and getting my feet wet politically.
View Quote
This man gets it! Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We should have some easily identifiable stickers to wear, like in years past.  Blue t-shirts (similar to what was handed out in Virginia recently) are in the works.  Honestly though, wear what you want to wear... Just show up and bring some friends if possible.  We can't do this without everyone's help.
View Quote
Ok, will the shirts be online soon?  would like to order some.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Tshirts would be complimentary the day of the event.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CatfishHunter... what should I expect on the 27th? Is it going to be like a social gathering or will you have to get up to a podium and speak ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#12]
We will meet in room 15 from 10am-11am and discuss current legislative efforts and hear from representatives pushing for increased second amendment freedoms in Iowa.  Part social gathering, part informative meeting (no expectation to speak).  We will then lobby our representatives in-person and IFC and NRA reps will assist as needed. There will be informative IFC materials & a display in the Capital's rotunda from noon through 4PM.  If you come at 10am, you could realistically expect to be be on your way by noon.  Feel free to stay longer if you wish.  It would be great to see some new faces and touch base with some folks again.

Now is the time for all freedom loving Iowans to stand together for our Second Amendment rights.  What is currently happening in the state of Virginia must never be allowed to come to Iowa. Virginians  are seeing the catastrophic consequences for 2A liberties when conservative majorities are lost and those who oppose freedom gain control of government. We are one election away from this same fate, believe it. Please stand with Iowa Firearms Coalition to preserve our precious rights and liberties.

On a side note, I wanted to say a big thank you to Rep. Steve Holt (District 18 which includes Crawford and Shelby Counties and eastern Harrison County). Rep. Holt is a strong 2A advocate and has sponsored our use of room 15. Steve served our country for 20 years in the U.S. Marine Corps, completing numerous deployments overseas.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Ill be there
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Vacation day was approved. I will for sure be there
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Are we going to have an ARFCOM meet up at all on the 27th?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I will be there for the duration of the event.  I look forward to getting to meet up with everyone.  Frankly, we need people to show up and say "I vote and these issues matter to me".  We need people to take a little time out of their day, a few hours off work, etc. and not expect someone to do this for them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I have that day off and will do my part.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Ill be there with my son.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#21]
We are one week away folks!  Who else is going to make their voice heard in support of personal freedoms?  We need everyone in this fight!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I’m coming, and bringing a car load of Pro 2A friends. None of us has been to the Capital before though a couple have been to Meet and Greets with our Reps here.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#23]
By all indications, we are expecting a substantial attendance for this rally.  You will want to be there and be part of the group showing the legislature that 2A issues are important to a great number of Iowans.

News of the rally has gotten so big (thanks to our numerous volunteers), that there will be counter-protesters at our rally from "March for Our Lives Iowa".

Let your voice help protect the rights of future generations and drown out the noise of the opposition, who never stops working against us.

Extra note: We will be meeting in room "G"15 as apparently there are a few rooms numbered 15.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I tend to have good luck parking in the lots East of the Capitol building and going through the South side doors. On a day like today though, your mileage may vary
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Will be there wearing an Air Force Bass Anglers sweatshirt.... in all honesty, you can probably find me easier as I'm assuming I'll be one of the younger guys there
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Great turnout today! It was nice to meet some of the ARFcommers today.

For those of you in Story county, please elect someone smarter than the representative who spoke in opposition of the bill today. Holy hell was that sone cringeworthy fear mongering.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you, thank you, thank you to those who came out in support of liberty and freedom!!! IFC volunteers organized the rally but it is the people who turned out in the hundreds today who really made this event successful. Some of the folks who have been putting in the time over the years got choked up over how successful a day we had. Participants were energized and motivated to keep the progress going. I can't say enough how much I appreciated meeting my fellow Iowans and working with them to enjoy this historic day.

Iowans pushed pro-2A legislation through the House today, quieted the noise of the opposition for now & expressed to the Representatives/Senators that these issues matter to Iowans and we are watching. Well done folks. Enjoy this victory but never stop the fight for freedom.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#30]
A quick word on the anti-gun folks who distributed flyers prior to our event listing their demands and expressing intentions to disrupt our rally.

FOUR showed up... a few dirty looks and quick snide comments were all they could muster. When faced with hundreds of Iowans, they tucked tail out of the Capitol
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Can I get a quick rundown on what legislation passed?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#32]
It was a Preemption Bill, prohibiting Cities/ Counties from enacting firearm regulations more restrictive than state law.

Great to see everyone and meet a few. Got to talk face to face with my State Representative who is a solid conservative. My State Senator was unfortunately not available.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great day today at the Capital!  HF 2502 (?) passed the House and there was a turnout of 300+ pro 2A people in attendance.

Talked to a couple members here from the IA HTF and a nice couple from Muscatine (Matt & Morgan?) that will be checking out the IA HTF but are not members on ARFCOM...yet.
View Quote
Hi, new member but looong time lurker. Me and my wife sat next to Booger-hooker at the capital and he convinced me to join the forum. Booger-hooker is a wealth of knowledge and a super cool guy. In fact there were a ton of great people there. I rarely have that many meaningful conversations in such a short amount of time. It was nice to be in the company of allies.

I'm now a proud "IA hometown" ar15.com poster!
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hi, new member but looong time lurker. Me and my wife sat next to Booger-hooker at the capital and he convinced me to join the forum. Booger-hooker is a wealth of knowledge and a super cool guy. In fact there were a ton of great people there. I rarely have that many meaningful conversations in such a short amount of time. It was nice to be in the company of allies.

I'm now a proud "IA hometown" ar15.com poster!
View Quote
Welcome aboard! I am glad you were able join everyone at Lobby Day.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top