Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/10/2019 1:00:54 PM EDT
My group hit first season like we usually do.  Warren County.

Filled four of eight tags which is pretty good for us (we're not very good deer hunters) and especially good considering the disease problems Warren has experienced.  Interesting development this year is only one hunter carried a shotgun.  Three ARs in 450 BM, one bolt gun in 450 BM, a 45 70 lever gun, a 45 70 single shot (me) and a 357 lever gun (young hunter).  All deer were killed by 450 ARs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Killed my second deer with my 45/70.
325 gr hornady leverevolution

Bullet stopped in both deer, blood trail takes a second to begin' but they go down quick and in sight.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I had both my tags filled by 730 Sunday morning of 1st season Hunted a new spot this year and it was pretty good seen a pile of deer. Between my new job and house remodel I wasn't even going but decided to for my sanity(and freezer) I better. I usually pound a doe then trophy hunt but when this 8 was standing under my feet early that 2nd morning all I could think was if I hammer him I can get the siding back on my house before the weather turns to crap.

Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I got out for 1st season on the in-laws property on adair county. Walked in right at shooting time and had 3 does feeding 100yds away. Hit 1 in the shoulder. Ran away on me so I went off tracking it. Ran across 7 does as I was tracking it. Popped the largest doe of the bunch at 30yds. Got the 1st doe later on. I had plans to hunt during the week to fill my last tag but I got surprised with having to travel for work the rest of the year. I'll be taking my wife out on the last day of 2nd season to try and get her first deer..... I will say, I'm for sure going to get a straightwalled cartridge rifle for next year. Tired of using slugs and being limited on range
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
i can almost taste the jerky...
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top