Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2019 1:01:19 AM EDT
Stopped by now that it has opened. Only had Handguns, bolt guns and shotguns.
Doesn't the one in Ankeny still sell semi auto rifles?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote
They do but the stock has dwindled down to half of a cabinet the last few times I’ve been there.

I guess we’ll know for sure when the one in waukee opens.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The one in Sioux City has quite a few semi-auto rifles and shotguns.  Not sure why any of the rest would be different.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what to make of this: https://www.fleetfarm.com/c/info/huldra-arms

Maybe things have changed with the change in ownership.  Maybe they haven't. I guess we'll see. I made it a point to shop there when they were overtly pro-2a. If they aren't anymore, I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailed them. I will let you know if I get a response.

Maybe if we can all get some emails out we could make a change.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Last thing I heard was that they had stopped advertising "assault rifles" but would still sell them.

There is a rumor around Mason City that they're going to stop selling guns altogether but I haven't seen anything to confirm it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I noticed they had a stripped lower.  Hard to be making a point of it and still carry those.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#7]
AR market is absolutely flooded.  Not selling them would probably be a sensible business decision.  I can’t imagine they’re moving very many.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Was in the SUX Fleet Farm this afternoon and somebody dropped a rifle on the floor.  Made a very sickening sound when it hit/bounced too.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AR market is absolutely flooded.  Not selling them would probably be a sensible business decision.  I can’t imagine they’re moving very many.
View Quote
You’re right, but I was actually hoping to look at some AKs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The lack of inventory in the gun racks has more to do with inventory management than politics at Fleet Farm, or any other retailer, for that matter. If an item cannot be turned over in 30-60 days or less, it will not be restocked unless demand increases for it again and supplies of the individual item are available at a price point the retailers can make a profit at upon resale.

As 2th Amdt types, we are sensitive to not seeing what we want to see on the shelf, but let's not be so quick to assume the worst on the part of the retailer.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Willing to drive up to Cresco? Found a gun shop recently there that has a couple on the rack. Didn't look at the prices on those but prices on things I was interested in were pretty fair for such a small shop.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was at the CF Mills Saturday, they had Ruger Mini-14 and 10/22 available.  No AR-15.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Was in the SUX Fleet Farm this afternoon and somebody dropped a rifle on the floor.  Made a very sickening sound when it hit/bounced too.  
View Quote
You better have yelled "GET DOWN WITH IT!"
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was several isles over when it happened.  There were enough people standing around right next to the guy staring at him to get the point across as to how big an idiot he was.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
stop up at the Waverly gun show this coming weekend - I'm sure we will have some with us
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top