Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/7/2019 10:49:25 PM EDT
By chance, after loading up my first fifty Cutting Edge Bullets 150gr ER Raptors for my custom 357Maximium CVA Apex for this years deer season, the first bobcat I have ever seen in legal hunting season walked into my yard a couple of days ago.

The entry wound is on the right side with the rifle photo. She dropped in her tracks at 75 yards. The exit wound is also the same size. This particular bullet looses it's six petals within 2" of impact and then the core drives through much like a Nosler Partition. The manufacture remains the king of the extreme long range game.

This is a 150gr copper bullet with a ballistic coefficient G1 of .320 at 2450fps from my 20" barreled rifle with very little recoil, an honest 300+ yard deer round. It would be easily duplicated with the Winchester 350 legend.

Possibly the best fur friendly bullet I have ever used in almost fifty years of hunting all over the world.

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice kitty there David!
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice cat.  I have a Mossberg SSi in .223 Ackley improved.  The same concept as your CVA.  I wish barrels would interchange.  The SSi is no longer made.
kwg

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mossberg+ssi+223&qpvt=mossberg+ssi+223&form=IGRE&first=1&cw=1129&ch=509
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice cat.  I have a Mossberg SSi in .223 Ackley improved.  The same concept as your CVA.  I wish barrels would interchange.  The SSi is no longer made.
kwg

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mossberg+ssi+223&qpvt=mossberg+ssi+223&form=IGRE&first=1&cw=1129&ch=509
View Quote
If you wanted to get a replacement barrel, Dave White can do that by actually stubbing in a new barrel over your existing shank. Of course you then loose 223 Rem option.

Henry makes a nifty little single shot in 357 Magnum that Mike Bellem rechambers in 357 Max. It's my understanding that they shoot very well and it's a very inexpensive way to go.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
where in IA?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
where in IA?
View Quote
On my acreage 1.5 Miles north of Runnells in SE Polk County.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On my acreage 1.5 Miles north of Runnells in SE Polk County.
View Quote
im just north of Cedar Rapids. Ive seen a Bobcat on our property but never gotten a chance.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

im just north of Cedar Rapids. Ive seen a Bobcat on our property but never gotten a chance.
View Quote
Check the Iowa-DNR regulations to make sure you can legally take them in that county.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#9]
mmm yummy.  bobcat stew!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top