Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 6/13/2019 8:41:30 PM EDT
I'll be there for a while in the afternoon/evening.

@slims_88 - I assume you have to work, right?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'll be there for a while in the afternoon/evening.

@slims_88 - I assume you have to work, right?
View Quote
Yeah, what time you leaving?

eta: @coltgunner works out at the Speedway. I've met up with him both times I've gone out there. He'll take you up to security and let you get an air-conditioned view of the track. Even got to go up to the spotters stand.

He's a good dude.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
What races?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What races?
View Quote
NASCAR at Iowa Speedway. Trucks racing Saturday night, Xfinity racing Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

eta: @coltgunner works out at the Speedway. I've met up with him both times I've gone out there. He'll take you up to security and let you get an air-conditioned view of the track. Even got to go up to the spotters stand.

He's a good dude.
View Quote
I'll be out there till about 7 or so.

I'll be there for work, but I anticipate having time to fuck off if we are not busy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll be there for work, but I anticipate having time to fuck off if we are not busy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a good dude.

Green flag for the truck race is 7:30. You're gonna spend a day at the racetrack, and then skip the race????
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Green flag for the truck race is 7:30. You're gonna spend a day at the racetrack, and then skip the race????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a good dude.

I should have said until at least 7 or so - not sure if I'm going to stick around a whole lot longer than that.  Especially if I'm not drinking beer watching the fast moving circle
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I should have said until at least 7 or so - not sure if I'm going to stick around a whole lot longer than that.  Especially if I'm not drinking beer watching the fast moving circle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a good dude.

At least stick around for the first stage. Truck races only last a couple hours tops.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

At least stick around for the first stage. Truck races only last a couple hours tops.
View Quote
Ok, no guarantees, but I'll give you a definite maybe
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good enough for me. I'll have it going on TV, and sitting around bullshitting on Zello.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will be there Sat and Sun as we have season tickets...will probably have 1-3 extra unused tickets for both races.  Daughter is a camp counselor this summer up at Okoboji and my wife has other plans (which means she is not interested) this weekend.  I always forget to get ahold of Coltgunner ahead of time and meet up with him.
View Quote
Shoot me an IM if you have some free time tomorrow out there.

I'm fairly certain I'll have some free time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys have fun out there today!
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm having a good time, but I need more beer. I'm sure no one would mind if I had a tall boy. I haven't seen any PBR though, which is bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm having a good time, but I need more beer. I'm sure no one would mind if I had a tall boy. I haven't seen any PBR though, which is bullshit.
View Quote
I got burnt out on that shit in high school.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#15]
We shut down early due to weather.  I got soaked coming in, and I got wet leaving.

They were asking people to leave the grandstands, and some vendor tents were moving pretty good.  Then someone with the speedway came and asked us to take our tent down, which we were in the process of doing anyways.

All the radar we could find showed a nasty storm coming towards Newton, so most people didn't think the race would go on, so I decided to take off.

And I slowed way down on 80 on the drive back home, because of wind first, and then rain.  Most cars were going about 40 at one point.

Slims, I'll go out there some time to a race - it looked like fun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We shut down early due to weather.  I got soaked coming in, and I got wet leaving.

They were asking people to leave the grandstands, and some vendor tents were moving pretty good.  Then someone with the speedway came and asked us to take our tent down, which we were in the process of doing anyways.

All the radar we could find showed a nasty storm coming towards Newton, so most people didn't think the race would go on, so I decided to take off.

And I slowed way down on 80 on the drive back home, because of wind first, and then rain.  Most cars were going about 40 at one point.

Slims, I'll go out there some time to a race - it looked like fun.
View Quote
Hell yeah man! Let me know, and I'll go with ya!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, haven't been on here for awhile, if you happen to be at the Speedway, give me a shout, I'll give ya a tour.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry, haven't been on here for awhile, if you happen to be at the Speedway, give me a shout, I'll give ya a tour.
View Quote
I'll be out there sometime in the future - I'd like that.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's pretty cool. I got within probably 15 feet of Kyle Petty. He was on the other side of some tinted glass, but I could still see him, and the booth they were broadcasting from!

Hindsight, I should have taken a selfie in front of the tinted out glass, even though you wouldn't have been able to see shit. I'd have known he was in the pic.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ended up not using any of our 4 season tickets for the truck race on Sunday, gave away 2 of our Xfinity tickets but they never showed up...so out of 8 tickets only 1 got used on Sunday.
View Quote
Me and vrmn8r were talking about him possibly coming over from nebraska for the Indy race next month. You going to that one?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I should be there...either in our seats next to the Newton Club or the other two seats on a handicapped bench.
View Quote
Sweet! If it works out with Vrm I'll hit you up!
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I know it short notice, But if anyone is interested in going to the NTT Indy car race tomorrow,
I was given 4 tickets today, They are in section 105 row 10 for tomorrow nights race. I have prior obligations and can't use them.

They are free to anyone that wants to them. I am in the DSM area and can meet in the DSM area
to hand off the tix if anyone can use them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know it short notice, But if anyone is interested in going to the NTT Indy car race tomorrow,
I was given 4 tickets today, They are in section 105 row 10 for tomorrow nights race. I have prior obligations and can't use them.

They are free to anyone that wants to them. I am in the DSM area and can meet in the DSM area
to hand off the tix if anyone can use them.
View Quote
If vrmn8r was coming in from Omaha, I'd take you up on it, but we decided it's too fucking hot and neither of us felt like sitting out in this weather.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah this heat doesn't help. O well. I figured I would ask hate for em to go to waste if someone could have used em.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#27]
With the rain, it's going to end up being a late race if they end up running tonight. I bet they postpone until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Hmmmmm   the down side to working every weekend.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top