Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/22/2019 7:15:16 PM EDT
I got  a Prepper Gun Shop sale email offer today and they have Echo triggers on sale, but list Iowa as one of the restricted states along with the usual subjects.

Has this always been the case?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly IA has a law that items designed to increase rate of fire can't be sold in the state. Never bothered to look into it but Cabelas wouldn't sell trigger cranks to IA buyers when they had them either.

I've seen crank fired 10/22 gatling gun kits and bumpstocks in gun stores though so enforcement is spotty at most.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Iowa Code 724.29.
Been on the books for years...even decades.  I remember the hearings in, I think, the late eighties.
Was originally for BMF crank activators and similar products.  Not sure if there us any case law or official interpretations regarding its application to binary triggers.
Steve/RRA
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the explanation.

“good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws”
? Plato
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 1:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
But technically, if you assemble a firearm from a stripped receiver with a binary trigger then that is the original trigger that the gun was manufactured with.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But technically, if you assemble a firearm from a stripped receiver with a binary trigger then that is the original trigger that the gun was manufactured with.
View Quote
As I understand it, the trigger accessories are legal to have but not legal to sell. So if I have one and you want to buy it, we have to drive to another state to complete the sale.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I just checked the Brownells web site and they have them and it doesn't show you can't buy them in Iowa they list states you can't buy them .
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought an echo trigger when they first came out. Had no problem. Shipped right to my door. But that was before the Las Vegas shooting and all the hype  made up by the media and the nra not doing anything to defend them.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top