Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 1/23/2019 7:01:54 PM EDT
Well; It looks like Winchester ligitimized the rimless 357 Maximum cartridge.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/winchester-legend-350-straight-walled-cartridge-shot-show-2019/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20190123_SHOT_2&utm_campaign=/digest/winchester-legend-350-straight-walled-cartridge-shot-show-2019/

Introduced to provide a legal deer hunting round for states like ours.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Been reading into the 350 legend, I think the 450 Bushmaster better suits me personally.  The only upside to the new cartridge is less recoil and more mag capacity.

My 450 ar build with a brake doesn't recoil hard, ten rounds is fine.

I do think it was a great idea to bring this cartridge out of wildcat status. Maybe once guys get to playing with it I may be persuaded to try one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 4:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Gotta look into this more. Wanted to do a 14 Maximum Contender style pistol years ago. Now this on rifle brass if I read correctly. Oh yeah. Definite possibility for an unwed lower.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Different round than the rimless  .357 Max. 1.6 inch case for the max, 1.7 for Winchester's load. Of course, after I trimmed 250 rounds to 1.6".

Either round is bound to kill a deer nicely, if I didn't have the brass trimmed I'd have my .357 AR chamber lengthened just to make use of ready made brass.

Also have a .450, not sure what I'll hunt with next season.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top