Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 1/23/2019 12:57:44 AM EDT
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-strikes-down-iowa-fetal-heartbeat-abortion-law

I am pro life, and do believe abortion is murder. I loved when this law got signed.

Fucking pissed it's now struck down.

On a gun related note, the 72 hour waiting period for abortions is ruled unconstitutional, I wonder how that can be used somewhere like California.

Abortion is NOT a constitutional right, but the 2A is. @nolocontendre could use this somehow I think.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
"Planned Parenthood will continue to stand up for Iowa women and fight back against the Legislature's attacks on reproductive health".  Reproductive health?  WTF does that mean?  That makes NO sense.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Republicans passed this law last year specifically to make it a Supreme Court case.

That’s dumb. When the City Of Des Moines created an illegal utility tax, they lost repeatedly and kept doubling down in appeals. After years and millions of dollars in lawyer fees, the SCOTUS affirmed the City was wrong. The Des Moines taxpayers paid three times - Once for the original tax, again in the litigation costs and then a third time to refund themselves. In the end, the then Democratic state legislature rubberstamped the Des Moines tax and now most Iowans pay more tax.

The fetal heartbeat law is well outside present SCOTUS rulings. It will be litigated to the tune of tens of millions in fees. I fear a majority of that cost will be borne by Iowa taxpayers.

Lots of opinions on this... that is mine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Planned Parenthood will continue to stand up for Iowa women and fight back against the Legislature's attacks on reproductive health".  Reproductive health?  WTF does that mean?  That makes NO sense.
View Quote
They stand for the senseless murder of babies, because people refuse to accept responsibility for their actions. There was a thread in GD that someone had a link showing damn near all they do is abortions. Rarely refer people on the adoption route, and contraceptives are hardly pushed at all.

It's a murder company plain and simple.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Republicans passed this law last year specifically to make it a Supreme Court case.

That’s dumb. When the City Of Des Moines created an illegal utility tax, they lost repeatedly and kept doubling down in appeals. After years and millions of dollars in lawyer fees, the SCOTUS affirmed the City was wrong. The Des Moines taxpayers paid three times - Once for the original tax, again in the litigation costs and then a third time to refund themselves. In the end, the then Democratic state legislature rubberstamped the Des Moines tax and now most Iowans pay more tax.

The fetal heartbeat law is well outside present SCOTUS rulings. It will be litigated to the tune of tens of millions in fees. I fear a majority of that cost will be borne by Iowa taxpayers.

View Quote
Since the day after this, New York legalized abortion up and until the baby is coming out, I am just fucking disgusted. All those smug smiling cunts celebrating that passing in New York should be able to be retroactively aborted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I hear Planned Parenthood has 80% coat hangers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
When they passed this bill I heard an interview where they said a private group would be paying for the legal defense so the state would not get the bill.

So that's nice of them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]
We live in a sick society when women can kill their fetus.  I am flexible enough to allow it is some real small cases but to use it for birth control is wrong.  But, who in their right mind would ever think Hillary clintoon would get the democrat nomination for president and necro nancy Pelosi would be the speaker of the house ?

We live in a fucked up country that is only getting worse.

kwg
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top