Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/22/2018 5:00:57 PM EDT
Need a refresher on which grounds are still open to the public during the shutdown. Am I correct that all the ground with the green or orange signs are still open and the only areas closed are the national refugees and the waterfowl production areas.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't find anything updated but I think National Wildlife Refuges are a no-go and also Army Corps of Engineer land, could be wrong. All state land is okay, that is all I really hunt (green signs) so if you stick with that you are okay.

http://www.trcp.org/2018/01/20/hunting-fishing-access-closed-conservation-work-halted-government-shuts/
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't find anything updated but I think National Wildlife Refuges are a no-go and also Army Corps of Engineer land, could be wrong. All state land is okay, that is all I really hunt (green signs) so if you stick with that you are okay.

http://www.trcp.org/2018/01/20/hunting-fishing-access-closed-conservation-work-halted-government-shuts/
View Quote
That's what I thought. I did a little more digging and it looks like the WPAs Are also off limits according to an article I found from a couple years ago when the government shut down for a few weeks.

I'm sure if it does for awhile the feds will block off the parking lots like last time.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top