Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:52:05 AM EDT
2 mile atv ride in the pouring rain setting up the blind had to get out twice to add more tie downs to keep ti from blowing into the next county. Good times

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Not every day is gonna be a good deer hunt day. Ya gotta take the good with the bad!  
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Next time build the blind out of plywood and set it out there 6 months in advance with a propane heater in it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Weather sucked but I had a good day.
.450 bushmaster did very well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440378/2018_shotgun_jpg-757760.JPG
View Quote
Nicely done I had pouring rain thunder hail the works was lucky to make it back water was a foot over the bridge by the time I headed for the house
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck yes. Nice buck!!!  Congratulations
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nicely done I had pouring rain thunder hail the works was lucky to make it back water was a foot over the bridge by the time I headed for the house
View Quote
damn, didn't realize things were so nasty in areas. We just had a light rain most of the day and a pretty steady wind.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440378/2018_shotgun_jpg-757760.JPG
View Quote
Nice buck. Weather kept me inside yesterday, went out this evening. Scared up a yearling doe but that's all so far. Coworker of mine got a 164" 10 point with his bow a little over a week ago-75 yards south of my stand. Several of scratching our heads trying to figure out where he came from. 5 trail cams on the property, foot scouting and bird hunting, and no sign of a deer like that until he shot it.

He earned it though, and he'll be out with me tomorrow trying to fill gun tags.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nice buck. Weather kept me inside yesterday, went out this evening. Scared up a yearling doe but that's all so far. Coworker of mine got a 164" 10 point with his bow a little over a week ago-75 yards south of my stand. Several of scratching our heads trying to figure out where he came from. 5 trail cams on the property, foot scouting and bird hunting, and no sign of a deer like that until he shot it.

View Quote
Amazing how often you hear that with the big boys.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I'm happy he got a good one though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Got a nice little yearling this morning, 40 yards with the .45-70. Dropped immediately, no tracking.

ETA-just got word from my coworker that he got a doe a bit before end of hours for the day. Looks like back to  bird hunting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

damn, didn't realize things were so nasty in areas. We just had a light rain most of the day and a pretty steady wind.
View Quote
It was a suckfest for sure

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I hunt in southern iowa. With the snow melting and heavy rain everything was flooded and it sucked. I did shoot a little 8 pointer first thing Saturday morning.

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to hunt Union county. Seemed like it was always muddy and miserable.

But I do kind of LOL @ 2 mile ATV RIDE... being a rough time
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File
so I shot the yearling I mentioned Monday morning, then Tuesday afternoon I got a text from the taxidermist that last year's buck was done. Have had several taxidermists tell me they'll get a deer done right about the time you shoot another one. Found it hilarious that the timing was so close to perfect. He already has about 100 stacked up to mount for this year.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I got my first deer sunday after having him catch me by surprise the day before

Not sure why it's got that watermark on it...
He booked it about 50 yards and dropped.
45/70 325gr lever evolution.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I passed up a ton of deer looking for a wallhanger didnt find one had a 10pt walk out in the last 5 minutes of season took a lot of will power not to drop the hammer on him he'll be a nice one next year if he can make it.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top