Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 10/20/2018 7:54:33 PM EDT
Can someone tell me how Wells Fargo arena gets away with banning firearms when the building is owned by Polk County?  I carried last year at Disney on Ice but just just got rejected just now for Cirque Du Soleil? I would say it’s a show by show thing but it’s printed right on the doors implying it’s banned every time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard they put in full body scanners to walk through now. When they were just wanting, I got in with ankle carry, since they didn't check low.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]
WFA has used Mags for over a year now, except for State tournaments. Go figure.

I can tell you how to get past them but I don’t know what would happen if you got caught at the scanners.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WFA has used Mags for over a year now, except for State tournaments. Go figure.

I can tell you how to get past them but I don’t know what would happen if you got caught at the scanners.
View Quote
Unless you are damaging equipment to do so I would think about all they could do would be eject you. But then we don't know until you tell us.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
So just learned you can’t even have a knife. Of any kind. Getting ridiculous.

So I just put it down the front of my pants behind my underwear. Have a belt buckle that has a substantial amount of metal in it. I have an Ageis buckle.  Just show that it’s probably your buckle and they will wand it.  Just move it back in the bathroom.

If your conceding nomallly they will give you a chance to bring it back to your car. If your trying to hide it like I explained above and they find it I’m not sure what would happen since your obviously trying to sneak it in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me how Wells Fargo arena gets away with banning firearms when the building is owned by Polk County?  I carried last year at Disney on Ice but just just got rejected just now for Cirque Du Soleil? I would say it’s a show by show thing but it’s printed right on the doors implying it’s banned every time.
View Quote
Pick another venue or pick another show.  Why support them with your dollars when they don't support your civil rights.

My policy is "no guns" sign on the door means "no patronage" from me, I go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:not sure what would happen since your obviously trying to sneak it in.
View Quote
Not sure what would happen if you did nothing illegal? Nothing should happen.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
During an Iowa Wild game I asked how they can deny and the security guard said "because I said so"
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
So I went there for Disney on Ice two weeks ago and they didn’t use metal detectors. Had my LCP in my pocket and got in just fine. I know I shouldn’t support them with my dollar but the Mrs had already bought tickets. So since they are owned by the county has anyone talked with a lawyer about suing them under 724.28?  Curious what the cost of that might be.

724.28 Prohibition of regulation by political subdivisions.
1. As used in this section, “political subdivision of the state” means a city, county, or township.

2. A political subdivision of the state shall not enact an ordinance regulating the ownership, possession, legal transfer, lawful transportation, registration, or licensing of firearms when the ownership, possession, transfer, or transportation is otherwise lawful under the laws of this state. An ordinance regulating firearms in violation of this section existing on or after April 5, 1990, is void.

3. If a political subdivision of the state, prior to, on, or after July 1, 2017, adopts, makes, enacts, or amends any ordinance, measure, enactment, rule, resolution, motion, or policy regulating the ownership, possession, legal transfer, lawful transportation, registration, or licensing of firearms when the ownership, possession, transfer, transportation, registration, or license is otherwise lawful under the laws of this state, a person adversely affected by the ordinance, measure, enactment, rule, resolution, motion, or policy may file suit in the appropriate court for declaratory and injunctive relief for damages.
View Quote
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top