Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:30:21 AM EDT
Five shows this weekend.  Adventureland, Mason City, Jefferson, Spirit Lake and Sergeant Bluff.  

I'm not sure there are five shows worth of dealers.  Nor five shows worth of customers.  All west of I-35 (mostly).  

No, I'm not going to all five.  Maybe A'land.  Outside chance at Mason.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Mason City would be worth going to as long as Mike from IA Falls is there, his prices can't be beat.

Spirit Lake isn't worth the drive IMO.

Last time I talked to a guy that went to the Jefferson show he said it wasn't worth driving across town to go to.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Jefferson show is just kind of funny. I think they are lucky to just have some guns for sale nearby.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Jefferson show is just kind of funny. I think they are lucky to just have some guns for sale nearby.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Davenport at the fair grounds Friday night and Saturday and Sunday during the day.
View Quote
Dang it! Hell of a time for me to be saving money to buy a house.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Well at the Altoona Show IGO had a table with two homeless looking guys asking for people to sign a petition to support Stand Your Ground. It was a thinly disguised effort to collect new contacts to scam out of money.  

I won't give that promoter another nickle of my money as long as he allows the Dorr's on the property.

In the homeless looking guys defense, they at least didn't smell bad, and one had a Veteran's hat on.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be at the MC show in the morning for a bit to try and clear out some excess. Hoping to snag a few parts too, but anything for a marlin 1897 is a case of forget it, especially in this area.

I did find a 39A barrel on ebay, I hear they can be made to work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll be at the MC show in the morning for a bit to try and clear out some excess. Hoping to snag a few parts too, but anything for a marlin 1897 is a case of forget it, especially in this area.

I did find a 39A barrel on ebay, I hear they can be made to work.
View Quote

Should have said something I maybe could have went and met up with you
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
MC show was ok, small show but that's to be expected. Some deals to be had-Beaupain was there with his typical pricing. I almost bought a NEF Handi-Rifle in .45-70 for $200, and he had 2 Ruger Precision rifles-one in 6.5 and one .308 for about $1100. The 6.5 sold by 3. Sold all the stuff I wanted to, ended up buying a Buck 110 auto conversion. One Garand in the whole show, rough condition H&R for over $900 and some other scattered surplus for reasonable prices and some for high.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well at the Altoona Show IGO had a table with two homeless looking guys asking for people to sign a petition to support Stand Your Ground. It was a thinly disguised effort to collect new contacts to scam out of money.  

I won't give that promoter another nickle of my money as long as he allows the Dorr's on the property.

In the homeless looking guys defense, they at least didn't smell bad, and one had a Veteran's hat on.
View Quote

IGO has worked virtually every show in the state at one time or another. Along with the NAFTA guys and a few others on the fringe.  All part of the scenery and easily ignored.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#11]
IGO was pretty busy trying to piss on the current bill ... d-bag running the table Saturday was running down Zaun and Windschitl. Matt has done so much in the last couple years, it's not even funny. IMO.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Ended up hitting A'land and Jefferson.  A'land was a normal enough show, reasonably crowded.  Sold some stuff, didn't buy anything.  On a whim I decided to go to Jefferson.  Been to that show before so I knew what to expect.  

A so so small show.  The prices were unreal.  Most of the stuff was a third over the market.  Some of the stuff was twice what I would pay.  Stayed long enough to drink a diet coke then headed home.

If I had known earlier I probably would have gone to Davenport.  Mom still lives there, that's usually a pretty good show.  

DSM Fairgrounds this weekend.  I'm expecting a crowd.  Tax refunds are in.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to the Sgt. Bluff show.
I was hoping Sieh was gonna be there to pick up a couple stripped lowers but he wasn't.
There was a table that was selling oil filters and threaded adaptors? Somebody shine some light on that for me. I don't understand the legality fine print of that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
IGO was pretty busy trying to piss on the current bill ... d-bag running the table Saturday was running down Zaun and Windschitl. Matt has done so much in the last couple years, it's not even funny. IMO.
View Quote

This is just the most bizarre thing to me. As gun owners, we have a political divide. I don't get it.

I see the people pissing on Matt in the IGO facebook post and I just can't believe it.

This is the equivalent of liberals crying over losing the election and running to the freeway because they didn't get their way.
Maybe not that bad. But bad.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was hoping Sieh was gonna be there to pick up a couple stripped lowers but he wasn't.
There was a table that was selling oil filters and threaded adaptors? Somebody shine some light on that for me. I don't understand the legality fine print of that.
View Quote

Sieh was at Adventureland.  Didn't notice if he had any lowers or not.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither does the ATF. They're cracking down on these  guys (assuming the adapter wasn't a serialized/registered NFA item)
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Neither does the ATF. They're cracking down on these  guys (assuming the adapter wasn't a serialized/registered NFA item)
View Quote

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think there was someone with those at Adventureland as well.  I freely admit not being an NFA expert but those things were giving off a weird vibe.  That whole if it looks to good to be true sort of thing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think there was someone with those at Adventureland as well.  I freely admit not being an NFA expert but those things were giving off a weird vibe.  That whole if it looks to good to be true sort of thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It gives off the weird vibe that you're being set-up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:43:16 AM EDT
[#20]
So who is the dealer that is always in the front area of A'land he had a S&W 1917 I had my eyes on and regret not looking into it more I think he mainly has surplus stuff. Would he be at the fairgrounds show next weekend? thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#21]
He's typically at the fairgrounds shows. I believe his name is Barry .... not sure of the name of his company ...
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He's typically at the fairgrounds shows. I believe his name is Barry .... not sure of the name of his company ...
View Quote

Yes, that's his name.  He's out of CR as I recall, I've bought from him in the past.

Those 1917's he has are Brazilians and the bores are pretty rough.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#23]
alright I didn't even inspect them I just saw them and at $650 they weren't a bad priced I thought
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top