Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/10/2013 9:47:37 PM EDT
I got into a talk with one of my neighbors and they mentioned that the bill that passed through the committee to the house for castle doctrine. So is it ready to go through the house I will starting sending more letter if I need to. Also he ask me if we had the 2nd amendment in constitution of Iowa and I didn't know. anyone knows?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, their session is done for the year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Iowa is one of only 6 states, iirc, that doesn ot have a RKBA amendment to the state constitution. IFC has been trying but it seems to get stalled out by Gronstal (?), if the name is wrong someone please correct me just got off a 12 hr. shift, before it gets a vote. We need to replace him or find a way to force him to see things our way. One thing that would help is if more people would send emails to our politicians in the state house.

Do you and your friends belong to IFC? If not you should. We represent you in the state house on all your 2A and hunting issues. If not, are you on our email list for legislative updates? This is an easy way to get emails out to the proper people at very appropriate times.

In case you don't know what IFC stands for it is Iowa Firearms Coalition, formerly Iowa Carry who brought about shall issue and other new laws of benefit to Iowans. Unlike another group who claims to have done things, we actually have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Iowa is one of only 6 states, iirc, that doesn ot have a RKBA amendment to the state constitution. IFC has been trying but it seems to get stalled out by Gronstal (?), if the name is wrong someone please correct me just got off a 12 hr. shift, before it gets a vote. We need to replace him or find a way to force him to see things our way. One thing that would help is if more people would send emails to our politicians in the state house.

Do you and your friends belong to IFC? If not you should. We represent you in the state house on all your 2A and hunting issues. If not, are you on our email list for legislative updates? This is an easy way to get emails out to the proper people at very appropriate times.

In case you don't know what IFC stands for it is Iowa Firearms Coalition, formerly Iowa Carry who brought about shall issue and other new laws of benefit to Iowans. Unlike another group who claims to have done things, we actually have.
View Quote

DITTO!!!  But I'm thinking we're now 1 of 5 states not 1 of 6.  Believe it was Louisiana that last got on board with RKBA in our constitution.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got into a talk with one of my neighbors and they mentioned that the bill that passed through the committee to the house for castle doctrine. So is it ready to go through the house I will starting sending more letter if I need to. Also he ask me if we had the 2nd amendment in constitution of Iowa and I didn't know. anyone knows?
View Quote

iowa' session started in april and is/was done before summer.  we don't go all year round in iowa, nor do many other states.  ...nor should we.

so no, sending emails on that particular action won't help that in last session.  HOWEVER, sending your emails now to your reps is extremely wise so it sets the stage for what you want to see them get accomplished.

sending messages, making calls, and writing letters, all while encouraging others to do the same is how we win.  it is no more complex than that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

DITTO!!!  But I'm thinking we're now 1 of 5 states not 1 of 6.  Believe it was Louisiana that last got on board with RKBA in our constitution.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may be correct. Will have to look into it when I get some time. Either way we need to NOT be a part of that statistic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

iowa' session started in april and is/was done before summer.  we don't go all year round in iowa, nor do many other states.  ...nor should we.

so no, sending emails on that particular action won't help that in last session.  HOWEVER, sending your emails now to your reps is extremely wise so it sets the stage for what you want to see them get accomplished.

sending messages, making calls, and writing letters, all while encouraging others to do the same is how we win.  it is no more complex than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Starts in January, ends in April (usually).
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

whoops.  typed too fast, and meant january... ending in april/summer at the latest...
thanks!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top