Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/27/2012 8:29:27 PM EDT
Name is Leon, and I am a gun owner and I just bought my first AR.
Its a Colt Sporter Match HBAR and I feel lucky I found what I was looking for in this enviroment.
I have been wanting to own one of these for over 20 years but never stepped up to the plate until now.
We recently sold a house and the cash was availible so I went for it.

I'm not a hoarder or prepper, but I do like having my own private reserve of certain things and an AR was something I was lacking.
I grew up around guns and was given my first rifle at the tender age of 12 years old.
My father and grandfather owned several guns, so it was very natural to have them a part of my life.

I hope to spend some time here and learn what I can and see who all is near to me.

Thanks,
Leon
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Where near Mason City?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Sir.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where near Mason City?

Rockford
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Rockford, eh?
Huh....
Been there a time or two myself.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have brothers whose names might rhyme with Croy and Traig?
If so, I graduated with Traig.
If not, I've never heard of them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you have brothers whose names might rhyme with Croy and Traig?
If so, I graduated with Traig.
If not, I've never heard of them.

Correct.
And you are? Good sir?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Check your instant message inbox.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#9]
welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome.  There are a couple of us in mason city.

Favorite Pop tart flavor?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Welcome.  There are a couple of us in mason city.

Favorite Pop tart flavor?

Smore
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#12]
nope chocolate is the best

welcome hope its not your last!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its a Colt Sporter Match HBAR and I feel lucky I found what I was looking for in this enviroment.
I have been wanting to own one of these for over 20 years but never stepped up to the plate until now.

I'm not a hoarder or prepper, but I do like having my own private reserve of certain things and an AR was something I was lacking.
I grew up around guns and was given my first rifle at the tender age of 12 years old.
My father and grandfather owned several guns, so it was very natural to have them a part of my life.

I hope to spend some time here and learn what I can and see who all is near to me.

Thanks,
Leon

Come to Mason City, walk into the Walmart tire shop and ask for Ryan sometime. Even in this climate I'll give you a used GI 30 round magazine to go with your new rifle as a "welcome to the board" gift.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Leon

Come to Mason City, walk into the Walmart tire shop and ask for Ryan sometime. Even in this climate I'll give you a used GI 30 round magazine to go with your new rifle as a "welcome to the board" gift.

Thank you very much Ryan. What day and time would be good for you?

Leon
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Anytime. If you'll be in town this weekend I work 11-8 tomorrow and 10-7 Sunday, off Monday and Tuesday. I'll just have it in my coat pocket and can grab it anytime I'm there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anytime. If you'll be in town this weekend I work 11-8 tomorrow and 10-7 Sunday, off Monday and Tuesday. I'll just have it in my coat pocket and can grab it anytime I'm there.

I work at Schukei Chev and I'm in town til 5:30 everyday of the week.
Are you at work today?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you at work today?

Nope, right now I'm sitting on my rump enjoying a day off and waiting for dinner to be ready. After yesterday's shift I deserve to be lazy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Holy crap you work at schukei?  I am sure I have met you then.  I know practically everybody there.   You in the shop?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you at work today?

Nope, right now I'm sitting on my rump enjoying a day off and waiting for dinner to be ready. After yesterday's shift I deserve to be lazy.

Alright then, I'll stop by saturday.
Thanks so much!

Leon
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Holy crap you work at schukei?  I am sure I have met you then.  I know practically everybody there.   You in the shop?

Yes I work in the shop.
Look me up the next time you stop in.

Leon
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I will.  I see campman all the time. And Driscoll is a friend of mine.  

Ryan. I was at Wally World yesterday and why is there no 223 in stock?  The shelves were actually quite bare...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will.  I see campman all the time. And Driscoll is a friend of mine.  

Ryan. I was at Wally World yesterday and why is there no 223 in stock?  The shelves were actually quite bare...

Because I bought most of it.

Actually, every box sold within two days of Sandy Hook, and I've been waiting for more to come in too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome!        

I have relatives in the Rockford area.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Welcome!        

I have relatives in the Rockford area.

Aw crap, there goes the neighborhood.
Who?
Lifetime Rockford resident except the times I haven't been.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#25]
My mom is from Marble Rock and one of my uncles was a teacher at RRMR, Dave Keith.  My dad is from Ionia also.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Dave was one of my favorite teachers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Welcome to the IAHTF
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Welcome to the IAHTF

"IAHTF" Define please?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Can any of you local mason city guys hook a guy up with wheel weights from cars and trucks?  I do a ton of casting and am always looking for more.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Leon

Very nice meeting you today Ryan.
Thanks for making me feel so welcome with your generosity.
I hope we might be able to get together sometime and burn through some ammo.

Thanks again,

Leon
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Leon

Very nice meeting you today Ryan.
Thanks for making me feel so welcome with your generosity.
I hope we might be able to get together sometime and burn through some ammo.

Thanks again,

Leon

Nice meeting you too, sorry there wasn't more time to talk. Members here have done lots of favors for me, it's nice to be able to pass something on once in a while.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top