Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 5:26:05 AM EDT
35° and heading to the range for a day of rifle training. Who else has shooting plans this weekend?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully yes next weekend, after I pick up my M&P9c from septic.

Although, I have a feeling that I'm going to want to drop a DCAEK in it more or less immediately.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hopefully yes next weekend, after I pick up my M&P9c from septic.

Although, I have a feeling that I'm going to want to drop a DCAEK in it more or less immediately.

Just order the DCAEK now. It and the RAM are in all my M&Ps.

I hope to hit the range next weekend to shoot stuff that rarely leaves the safe with my brother in law.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]
i am headed to the range tomorrow to finalize a hunting load for my favorite wildcat 7.62x40wt and some work with my 1911 and xdm45
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gonna hold off until I get a look at it.  With my luck, I'll get one of the first to ship out with the new universal sear housing block (like the one in the VTAC model.)

I have the DCAEK/RAM in my M&P9 full size and the combination is excellent.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#6]
doing lots of shooting...  ;)
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Not really getting to shoot much myself......but I am getting to yell at people who are shooting, does that count?

R
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm on a bit of a break, with the cost, getting out to the range and setting up being such a hassle it was taking away the desire to get out and shoot...

But come spring time, back in full swing...well half swing. Every other week
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not really getting to shoot much myself......but I am getting to yell at people who are shooting, does that count?

R

No comment
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
New arrivals...a big box from South Carolina. A 240B, and 249. Gary and I decided to see if they worked. They did!

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
You have impeccable taste
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn you Jerry!
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Went out to the range for the weekly practice. Did some transition drills, reload drills, and aimed pairs. Both with and without gloves.
It always shocks me how much time gloves eat up on the draw but after that, not so much. Maybe it's a me thing...

Black Hawk Pistol Club USPSA match tomorrow. Last USPSA match of the year and I'm on the bubble to make 'A'.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Went out to the range for the weekly practice. Did some transition drills, reload drills, and aimed pairs. Both with and without gloves.
It always shocks me how much time gloves eat up on the draw but after that, not so much. Maybe it's a me thing...

Black Hawk Pistol Club USPSA match tomorrow. Last USPSA match of the year and I'm on the bubble to make 'A'.

What kind of gloves are you using?  Cold weather gloves or gloves for grip and support?  I have some Black hawk gloves I wear for training and really like them. Romper turned me on to them at a training we had together.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks friend, if I remember right did you not tote a Bravo in the service?

Quoted:

You have impeccable taste

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Some one gave me a pair of Hatch Gloves because they were to big. Now that I look at them they are the summer version so they are pretty thin...

Probably just need more practice. Had enough today for the win against my competition though... But it was cold so I only had to beat one guy

Totally didn't make 'A' this year though...
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate the Blackhawk gloves.  They actually GAVE me  blisters but ymmv.  I've had great luck with mechanix gloves.  Pretty durable and dexterity isn't too bad.   The best gloves I've ever had (for dexterity not necessarily durability) were motocross gloves.  I think they were fly racing.  They had sticky patches on the first and second fingers presumably for running brake and clutch levers, that worked awesome for manipulation, mag changes, etc.

Eta just found them. 2011 Fly f16 gloves.  Under twenty bucks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Me and a friend went to the range yesterday with my wasr-10 and is new hungarian SA-85.  It was his first ak and I showed him how to zero it.  We fired about 500 rounds through our ak's and a few hundred through my g19 and m&p shield.  It was a very nice day to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Me and a friend went to the range yesterday with my wasr-10 and is new hungarian SA-85.  It was his first ak and I showed him how to zero it.  We fired about 500 rounds through our ak's and a few hundred through my g19 and m&p shield.  It was a very nice day to shoot.

For a weekend in mid-November it was a beautiful weekend to shoot.  Hopefully we will get more nice weather during the holiday week.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:37:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I took the GF and her grandfather out to Olofson on Saturday around noon. Decent time minus her grandfather's pistols jamming. Then I got a stuck case in my AR since I bought a bunch Tula being cheap, and wanted to get through it.

The weather was great.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Went to Ikes at 8am on sunday with a friend to break in his new xdm9 3.8. We both fired about 150rds each. I also gave him the steel angle and tube I ordered for some custom target stands.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Moved from having my own range in Ohio, to living in the City in Iowa.... go figure.

Having my own place spoiled me and I refuse to go back to a DNR/public range. Thus, the amount of shooting I've done in the last few months is minimal. I'm going to have to take a CCA course just to get some trigger time in.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Moved from having my own range in Ohio, to living in the City in Iowa.... go figure.

Having my own place spoiled me and I refuse to go back to a DNR/public range. Thus, the amount of shooting I've done in the last few months is minimal. I'm going to have to take a CCA course just to get some trigger time in.

As far as public ranges go my favorite is the Olofson range near Polk City.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Olofson.   The range where the ban something and don't even know it is(in reference to the ban of "armor-piercing" ammo).
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in Cedar Rapids... would be a weeeee bit of a drive for me. I think I can find some ground to shoot on out here in exchange for keeping the 'yotes in check.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in Cedar Rapids... would be a weeeee bit of a drive for me. I think I can find some ground to shoot on out here in exchange for keeping the 'yotes in check.

In CR/Fairfax here and the DNR range has unfortunately been the best option, just have to time it right or you run into the usual suspects. I know there's a couple setups in Palo but I'd be curious if there are any further out in Fairfax/Walford, especially with some long range
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

R

Finally got to see Romper get out the stick today and put some rounds downrange.  He doesn't just talk a good game.  He can put a ton of rounds downrange on target in a hurry.  Very humbling and something to aspire to.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks Tony, and you and the boys did us proud.  DMPD, PCSO, and Pleasant Hill PD all did a great job in this 78 hour Basic Patrol Rifle Operator School.  It was a long week and a half, and I know everyone is tired......I know I am anyway.
The Metro now has 15 more qualified people with the tools to get the job done.

R
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna hold off until I get a look at it.  With my luck, I'll get one of the first to ship out with the new universal sear housing block (like the one in the VTAC model.)

I have the DCAEK/RAM in my M&P9 full size and the combination is excellent.

Picked it up today and what do you know, new sear housing block.  No RAM for me!  Supposedly, a compatible RAM is in the works.  I'm going to contact them and inquire about when it might be available.

Also, wasted (enjoyed?) $94 of my typical 147gr carry ammo on septic's range only to come to the conclusion that it isn't going to work.  Doesn't like to feed, and it's the same ammo that works perfect in my full size and LC9.  Ball ammo fed fine, I think I'll get some 115gr or 125gr stuff and try again.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top