Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:18:55 PM EDT
I happened to go to the mall in Mason city today and noticed a no CCW sign on the door.. Looks like I will not go there again. I know the pizza ranch is the same way. Any other businesses in town that I need to stop doing business with?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a list of anti 2A businesses over on the iowafc.org forum...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#3]
They obviously want you to open carry there. (Only half joking. There do exist places that have "No CCW, OC only" signs.)
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always carried concealed and probably always will. I realize they can ask me to leave if the gun was ever spotted(never will be)  I guess I will just have to keep a better eye out for the signs on the door.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't even look for them. I go where I want, how I want. They want a sign it is their right. It is also my right to either go elsewhere or just ignore it. I usually just ignore it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I looked but could not find it, got a link or post the list?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked but could not find it, got a link or post the list?  

http://www.iowacarry.org/forums1/index.php?showtopic=21339
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't even look for them. I go where I want, how I want. They want a sign it is their right. It is also my right to either go elsewhere or just ignore it. I usually just ignore it.

That's how I approach the whole thing as well. I know, and respect, the decision that many people abide to by not spending any money in a business that displays these signs. It actually makes a lot of sense to not shop at these places but, in order for it to be effective the owners need to know that we are not spending our money there for that reason AND we have to be able to convey that message in such a manner that the owner is understanding. Ultimately, educating the owner might even change their mind about their "not welcome" signs.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top