Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 1/29/2011 8:32:52 AM EDT
Got there Friday night a little after five.  Long line out the door, not to surprising.  Took about 15 minutes to get in.  Good crowd, I've seen bigger.

If you want a Glock, M&P, Xd, any kind of Taurus, most 1911's, AR's or AK's you're in luck.  Anything else and it's hit or miss.  Tons of used Glock 22's. fair number of G17's, not a single used G19.  Not a single Smith Model 10.  Reloading supplies well stocked.  Prices seemed normal.  My impression was more than the usual number of non-gun vendors.

A lot of guns being sold, but I didn't sense any panic buying.  This show usually moves a lot of product, this one is no exception.  I bought a Vortex Strike Fire red dot and a BUIS for my AR.  

Pretty typically January fairgrounds show.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree.  I bought some shotgun parts and a stock kit.  Friend bought a new Nikon scope for about $45 under web cost.  If you're in the market fora nice lever action 45-70 Mark Sieh has a nice Marlin.  Has the rail and ghost ring.  One guy had quite a bit of Saiga 12 stuff towards the back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there today and have never seen such a big crowd, there was a line at the door from noon until 2:30.  Pistols were selling like crazy.  Seen a line of 6 people waiting to pay for their pistols.  Prices seemed pretty good overall.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Saturday afternoon is always a madhouse.  I usually go Sunday mornings.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be down sunday A.M. will make offers on a few items that were there on Friday,IF they are still there
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Saturday early from 10:30 to 12 was a madhouse. I didn't end up going down a couple of the aisles because of the crowd.

I talked with one of the vendors, a friend of mine that was concerned because there were so many people there, but few were spending any money.

After that, I looked closer, and sure enough, where there was a jamup of people, it was always a couple of guys standing around shooting the shit tieing up everyone else. I Saw very few transactions happening.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I worked the IFC table all day Saturday and I will admit, it was pretty busy.  Seemed like around 12:p-2:p it was the busiest.  I took a break from the table and made a quick trek around.  Looked like some pretty decent buys, but, alas, I was unable to take advantage.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top