Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:35:09 PM EDT
I don't know who all here shoots USPSA but stage diagrams are up for September's match.
This will be a pistol match with a .22 AR or .22 pistol side match on the 12th. You can ask questions here.

And I'm kinda curious... how many people in Iowa shoot USPSA or IDPA?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
When I can, I shoot USPSA. Two clubs near me so I have 2 matches per month to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]
This event interests me Ive always wanted ot do this type of shooting but i haven't found much around the Des Moines area or at least I'm not looking in the right place.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This event interests me Ive always wanted ot do this type of shooting but i haven't found much around the Des Moines area or at least I'm not looking in the right place.

You just aint looking. There is a steel match every Tuesday in Ankeny and wed in Ames. IDPA matches at least once a month at each ikes. (open to the public) Plus once or twice a year there is a 3 gun in Boone.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew about the ikes once a month but not about the others. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]
A minor correction for the Ankeny Ikes matches.  They shoot USPSA matches every Tuesday with stage setup starting at 5 PM.  And the Ankeny Ikes shoots steel matches every 3rd Sunday with starting times at 9 and Noon.  Later in the winter months the steel match will have one start time at 10 AM.  There is also USPSA matches on the 2nd and 3rd Sunday down in Osceola, IA
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot the last 2 or 3 at BHPC,  i live in Cedar Rapids, and it's well worth the drive.  I've only been doing USPSA for a year and started at CRAPS.  Try to do both matches each month.  

I'm curious what the 22cal side match is going to be like?  I shot my ruger MKII today to get it ready.  I've got a red dot for it but I can't find the scope base for the gun, so it'll be open sights for me.

The Texas Star has humiliated me the last couple times.  Hope to do better this time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The last two times we've shot the star it's had hard cover, which really prevents you from shooting it an 'ideal' order.
Especially when Scott R. put the hard cover so you could only shoot the bottom plate. f'ing evil if you ask me. But still fun
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top