Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/6/2010 2:37:22 PM EDT
40 rounds, 32 hits, 7 misses, 1 misfire. 5.56x45, 55 grain FMJ Isreali Surplus that I paid 10 cents a round for just 4 years ago. Range Finder indicates 282 yards from bench to target. There was a strong South wind, overcast skies and a few spinkles. No sandbags or rifle rest. Will add a backdrop behind the plate, just as soon as the ground dries or hardens abit. I have a bobcat, just need some dry ground. Will extend the range with another target back to where the pickup is in the first and second picture that will bring it out to an estimated 400 yards. (Give or take)

1/2 inch steel plate. Bottom of cross member is 6 feet 2 inches off ground, top of plate is the same height as my shoulders, width of plate is roughly the same width of a man.

Bushmaster with 16 inch, 1-9 twist heavy contour barrel, EOTech, Yankee Hill Machine BUIS

Looking back from the target into the timber where the bench is setup. I know you can't see the bench, but look in the center of the picture and you can see the opening on the other side of the timber. That is where the bench is.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did the "misses" go?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Into the grassy swamp behind the plate. Don't worry, I know what's behind the plate. Nothing for two miles behind, and one mile left and right. I spent alot of time looking for this spot. Did a map, aerial photo recon and drove the area many times. With harvest starting, the range will pretty much be idle but that will give me time to improve.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Into the grassy swamp behind the plate. Don't worry, I know what's behind the plate. Nothing for two miles behind, and one mile left and right. I spent alot of time looking for this spot. Did a map, aerial photo recon and drove the area many times. With harvest starting, the range will pretty much be idle but that will give me time to improve.

What I have found that works well are two rows of rail road ties. They last  and I have yet to have a round make it out the back side.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I had planned on using logs that I already have stacked, but I like the railroad tie idea better. Thanks.

Just need to go to Boone, get my tie permit and start collecting.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top