Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:12:44 AM EDT
I was practicing for my ccw qualify yesterday. I was having issues with accuracy and it was jamming. Cleaned it last night where my barrel link connects to the barrel is cracked. Today is my last chance so I am going to have to go with it but man does that just burn my ass that I have to get a new barrel. Just a rant
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
what type of gun?  this may not be safe you know...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I know. The more I thought about it I decided to cancell qualifing. Sucks too because now I have to start the whole proccess over because it was my last chance. Its my charles daly 1911.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah I know. The more I thought about it I decided to cancell qualifing. Sucks too because now I have to start the whole proccess over because it was my last chance. Its my charles daly 1911.

if you need a spare gun, i'll lend you something.  give me a call.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Too late qualify was at 1pm.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#5]
decisions, decisions...ditch the handgun and get something else..or..spend the money on a barrel and getting it fitted. Not sure on a drop in from what I have read its hit or miss if it truly fits. If it was a higher end 1911 I would say fix it but...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you need a spare gun, i'll lend you something.  give me a call.

Damn, that is a hell of a nice thing to offer.  Class offer Septic, wish there were more of us like you....
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
thomas would do it for me...  gotta stick together and lend aid when we can...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
i've dealt with charles daly before and their customer service is top notch.  the president of the company posts on here in the industry forum.  i'd be surprised if they didn't make it right.....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:07:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone I know that has had a Charles Daly, of any type) has had issues. My gunsmith buddy has seen several also. I just walk on by when I see one at a show or under glass in a shop. A few more bucks will buy something that lasts much better. YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i've dealt with charles daly before and their customer service is top notch.  the president of the company posts on here in the industry forum.  i'd be surprised if they didn't make it right.....

I have heard the same thing but bought it used so I may be sol. Gun show on the 13th here in CR. May have to see what I can find.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#11]
For the record before this happened this was a great handgun. Never an issue till now with about 3000 rounds thru it. So I have gotten my moneys worth out of it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
The only way I get my monies worth from a gun is if I wear it out before it breaks, I kill enough game that it has paid for itself or it has saved my life.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:04:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you mean to type 30,000 rounds?

If one of my shotguns broke after 3k rounds, that'd be about 2 months worth.... Not acceptable. We had a kid on the team w/ a CD shotgun... piece of junk. We had to fix it with a stick and some duct-tape once.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

... We had to fix it with a stick and some duct-tape once.

a gunsmith in the making...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#15]
For the cost of 45acp 3000 is about 2 years. But if he was trully a gunsmith in the making he would be flutting his barrels with a dremmel and throwing his rifles down the driveway to get the "used" look.

I have a replacement or 2 for this weekend. Will have to get to the CR gun show next weekend to see what I can find for a perm replacement.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

... We had to fix it with a stick and some duct-tape once.

a gunsmith in the making...

I learned from the best? Anything that involves duct-tape is a permanent repair in my book! The stick is only good for 3,000 rounds... Until I get my money's worth out of it
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#17]
You can usually buy a replacement barrel for a 1911 for under $100 including the link pin.  They generally require only minor fitment at most if you are talking a GI type 1911, a little more likely if its a tighter model and most likely would require some fitting if its a match pistol (which I don't think a Charles Daly normally would be).
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Just remembered, that some CD's 1911s came with a lifetime warranty. You might want to give them a call and see if yours has a warranty. Also, the President of CD used to be a member here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just remembered, that some CD's 1911s came with a lifetime warranty. You might want to give them a call and see if yours has a warranty. Also, the President of CD used to be a member here.

winner, winner, chicken dinner...  

your first call should be to the manufacturer.  you won't get a free repair/replacement from anyone else...  give em' a ring.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Called CD and even though I bought it used they are going to fix it free of charge. Off it goes to the UPS.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#21]
not to say i told you so, but
great news!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top