Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 6:22:48 AM EDT
Anyone make it to the Cedar Rapids gun show?  My son and I went Saturday morning, wasn't near as busy as previous shows, didn't see many guns get sold, however, ammo still seems to be at premium prices and still moving.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=926570

Got this at the Cedar Rapids show
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Darn drill weekends... I flew over Cedar Rapids! Were there any dealers selling reloading supplies? I need more powder and components, I guess...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there working the IowaCarry booth. The show definitely had some really busy times and some slow times. The big reloading dealer had primers ($30/k) and power, I don't reload so I can't give much detail on them, but I know the more popular primer sizes sold out and he did steady business all weekend.
I didn't check prices on ammo. I am now recognizing certain guns that always show up at the same table at the same inflated price, years on end. Best comedy was a Yugo AK underfolder for over $1400, and a SCAR for $3500.   There were a good number of reasonable prices on non-"obama scare" weapons, ie pistols and hunting rifles. Anything 'scary looking' seemed jacked up still.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I was talking to my coworker last night and I was like "oh shit that gun show we were waiting to go to was this weekend".
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=926570

Got this at the Cedar Rapids show

Very very nice
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I ended up going on a group motorcycle ride and completely spaced it. Thats ok though I did not have the money but I still need to get a free float handguard from APEXODT. But since I live here I can get that at any time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Bob is still short on primers but actually had a few left on Saturday.Some of his prices have gone up a bit but still in line. He is a good guy and I know of no time that he has gouged and I have dealt with him for I don't even know how many years.

A lot of the prices were at typical levels. Some will give a little but not much. I saw one situation where the dealer would give a guy an additional $15 off the listed price for cash. Now that is a real deal!

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top