Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2009 4:59:37 PM EDT
Hello.
My GF and I will be visiting her sister in NW iowa and I'm planning on bringing a few rifles to plink with.
I want to bring my M4gery and 50bmg, no class 3 stuff.  Will I run into any problems bringing these with me to the GF's family farm.  Magazine restrictions or bulk ammo issues?
They will be in hard cases with padlocks during the drive.
Anything you can add that you think I may need to know would be appreciated
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you got everything covered as long you keep your case closed and secured you should have no problems
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Also remember that any NFA for a regular citizen in IA is a no-no. The only other thing that might be worth mentioning is there is alot of misunderstanding in regards to loaded mags. My word of advice would be to make sure all of your mags are unloaded. Otherwise, hope you have fun!
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Also remember that any NFA for a regular citizen in IA is a no-no. The only other thing that might be worth mentioning is there is alot of misunderstanding in regards to loaded mags. My word of advice would be to make sure all of your mags are unloaded. Otherwise, hope you have fun!

This. Make sure you don't have any loaded mags while traveling. Locked cases while on state highways.

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI.  loaded mags are legal in pistols and revolvers...  but we can hash that out another time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Make sure you don't have any loaded mags while traveling. Locked cases while on state highways.

Cases need not be locked, just securely fastened (zipper, latch, etc)  Also the term "state highway" shouldn't be used, any public road is a state highway by definition!
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FYI.  loaded mags are legal in pistols and revolvers...  but we can hash that out another time.

Pistols only (not in the gun), don't load the cylinder of a revolver though.

Link Posted: 1/31/2009 6:13:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pistols only (not in the gun), don't load the cylinder of a revolver though.

yup yup yup.  he's right.  i posted too quickly.
my bad...
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome info, thanks everyone.  Now I have to unload 20 thirty rounders. Oh well, it'll keep the kids busy when we get there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#9]
lula is your friend...  or you could just watch them struggle...

lol...
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lula is your friend...  or you could just watch them struggle...

lol...

When I was a kid my Dad said my purpose in life was to do chores.  If I have kids they will learn to load mags!  Best idea ever.  BTW Rob Latham has 2 full timers working for him (well Springfield actually) that load his mags for him!
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
deleted
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a good time! where in NW IA you gonna be? need any company pokin holes in things? Sioux City here...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#13]
BONUS,     I find your avitar Rude and tastless, stay away from My cats. and preferably my state.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top