Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:14:42 PM EDT
i wanted to take some digital pictures and share, but it isn't my place to do so.  what i can tell you is that the place is impressive.  not only was it scenic and serene, but i can assure you cast lead bullets will rain from the sky when he's fully up and running.  

for those of you who aren't familiar we are fortunate to have captains of the industry operating right here in iowa arfcom territory.  guys like ron at apex, robert at RWS, and lance at Yammerco are leading the pack into putting iowa on the map regarding the firearms industry.  

it does my heart good to see these folks who are good men and free born americans proceed with a small business.  i highly suggest you patronize them if you have the chance.  i'm quite certain there are many, but these are some of the good men i know.

i'm tickled to say kudos and congrats on the building of another firearms related iowa business!!!

thank you gentlemen!!!

as a side note, "michael bucks" are universally accepted at the above retailers.  print off your copy today for deep discounts.  

ok, that's bullshit, but i'd like you to print them off and show up at a gunshow just to hear what the look on their faces are when you try to spend them....

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm waiting patiently for LOTS of cast 9mm rounds

I was just going to PM him!
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm hoarding my wheel weights, until Lance runs out and is really, really desperate.  Maybe I'll even melt them into ingots and spray paint them gold just to mess with him.  He's a great guy.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 4:15:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i wanted to take some digital pictures and share, but it isn't my place to do so.  what i can tell you is that the place is impressive.  not only was it scenic and serene, but i can assure you cast lead bullets will rain from the sky when he's fully up and running.  

for those of you who aren't familiar we are fortunate to have captains of the industry operating right here in iowa arfcom territory.  guys like ron at apex, robert at RWS, and lance at Yammerco are leading the pack into putting iowa on the map regarding the firearms industry.  

it does my heart good to see these folks who are good men and free born americans proceed with a small business.  i highly suggest you patronize them if you have the chance.  i'm quite certain there are many, but these are some of the good men i know.

i'm tickled to say kudos and congrats on the building of another firearms related iowa business!!!

thank you gentlemen!!!

as a side note, "michael bucks" are universally accepted at the above retailers.  print off your copy today for deep discounts.  

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/septic-tank13/100michaelbucks.jpg

ok, that's bullshit, but i'd like you to print them off and show up at a gunshow just to hear what the look on their faces are when you try to spend them....

Is there a link to his business, or any other information?

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
yammerco

as far as i know he's just getting started on the website refining.  there is much work to be done, so i hope i didn't make it sound like he had 80 tons of lead bullets ready to go.  someday soon hopefully...
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Where the heck is Yammer?

I used to do HTML programming. Very basic stuff, but I can help him out.

Yammer, shoot me a PM if you're interested

^--- Will work for booolits.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where the heck is Yammer?

I used to do HTML programming. Very basic stuff, but I can help him out.

Yammer, shoot me a PM if you're interested

^--- Will work for booolits.

really?  hmmm....
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have so much crap to discuss with you anyways.

Shoot me your cell # (was cut off in the last IM) and we'll shoot the shit.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have so much crap to discuss with you anyways.

Shoot me your cell # (was cut off in the last IM) and we'll shoot the shit.

roger that.

IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
common yammer...  if you don't take and post pics i will...  

you know i'm not a patient man...

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
did he ever make it home?????????

last i talked to him he was thinking about it, but was unsure
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
did he ever make it home?????????

last i talked to him he was thinking about it, but was unsure

talked to him today.  he said he hasn't visited a weapons forum since school has been out.  i told him we were about to revolt and that the natives had grown restless...  he's taking pics to be up in coming days...

no worries mate...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i told him we were about to revolt and that the natives had grown restless... no worries mate...

tell him we are discussing ......"global warming"

bb
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#14]
yeah....  so far this year the globe sure is warm...

those stupid fuckers...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#15]
OK- I finally found time for the computer.

For the record, I will probably never be a big time bullet guy.  I do this for giggles, unlike Ron and Robert, who are legitimate great guys in the Iowa firearms industry that I hope you all have a chance to interact with.  I hope to someday get in a position where I can make my hobby pay for itself.  It won't happen in the immediate future.

The website is the product of random acts of getting liquored up and screwing with the computer.  If I end up selling bullets online it will probably not be through that site.  I simply like to post pictures for family and friends that don't see me on a regular basis.

Now that I have posted all of the disclaimers that are firmly rooted in the substance of the limited amount of time I have to devote to this consuming hobby, here are pictures.  I still have a lot of work to do:

I would like to add that it was a genuine pleasure to have Septic stop by so I could take him out to lunch at the local establishment.  As usual, the conversation was great, and I was pleased to be able to show off the fruition of my obsession.  I look forward to you making it down more often once the machines begin pooping out boolits again.

Sam, now that I have freed up a little of my reloading room to actual reloading machines, I probably need to get in touch with you about getting my MEC Grabber back in action.  I haven't used it in 15-20 years, and could probably use a good tutorial on the shotgun facets of reloading.

One word of advice to you all- don't pass up lead when you run across it.  I will be your buddy for a few lbs of Pb. ;)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
What an awesome setup Yammer.

I'm just wondering why your dogs like to hang out in a shed, in the summer, next to a casting machine!

10-4 on the shotgun loader. I'll see if I can wrangle up some lead for ya as well. Out of town for a few more weeks yet though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm just wondering why your dogs like to hang out in a shed, in the summer, next to a casting machine!

That A/C unit above them makes it the place to be.  I try to keep it as cool as Septic keeps his shop (frigid).  This week I am picking up a second A/C unit for when the lead starts warming things up in there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I noticed the same thing as Booger. No beer fridge. Also didn't notice any set-up for tunes except for the little box.

All in all a nice set-up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:19:35 AM EDT
[#20]
thanks again for lunch and the tour!  i enjoyed seeing your shop.  it looks very well planned and executed.  i'm very glad it is working out like you had hoped.  it only takes time and money...

+1 on the AC...  66F and below 20% humidity works fine for me...  occasionally i'll let it creep up a bit to a balmy 69F in my shop, but that doesn't last for long...

when the dust settles on this deal we'll have to get together for some looooong range shooting.  i've talked to paul and we're working out a plan for doing to 1000+ shooting down on the MO farm.  also, i have had a couple of offers from folks near my farm here that'll make it to 700.  nothing to blow your skirt up, but still fun.

thanks again for sharing!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top