Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/30/2007 11:47:23 AM EDT
Hello fellow Iowans,

I've been looking everywhere for a good page that has Iowa gun laws and regulations. I cant seem to find anything but pages about CCW and hand gun permits.

I would like to find more info on CCW like the laws of where you can carry you're gun and so forth because i know it will very from county to county.

Would also like to find out about laws on suppressors on rifles, and so forth.

Thanks for any help!

Joe
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Here yoou go:

www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/IASL.pdf

www.iowadnr.com/wildlife/files/iahuntfish_regs.html

In Iowa, unless you are a Federally Licensed Dealer in the following, you cannot have suppresors, silencers, short barreled rifles, machineguns and the such.

On your CCW permit, you're ocal Sheriff will let you know where he will allow you to carry.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are some links that may help

Chapter 724 (click in order:  2007 Iowa Code, Statutes (Code Chapter and Section), 2007 Iowa Code, Title XVI Criminal Law and Procedure, Subtitle 1 Crime Control and Criminal Act, Chapter 724 Weapons)

Iowa Carry

This will give you a start.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

On your CCW permit, you're ocal Sheriff will let you know where he will allow you to carry.

actually, he/she will let you know where/when he/she doesnt want you to carry.  this is important because there are other laws that still cover where and when you can carry

bb
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would like to find more info on CCW like the laws of where you can carry you're gun and so forth because i know it will very from county to county.

Iowa State does not allow preemption. So if there is no state code or law, the Sheriff, County, or City/Town can not make any laws more restrictive than State laws. If you find out about any than well, that bridge will be crossed when it is arrived at.

Otherwise, your Sheriff can restrict a carry permit to a useless piece of paper, ie: no carry in incorporated areas, or only when performing said job or act like hunting.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top