Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:38:45 PM EDT
It took longer than it should to get on the paper, but once we figured out what they were hitting things quickly straightened out.  I think I am about due for some more steel plates.

I got to put some recycled .358 wheelweights down range today as well.  I think I am going to stick with 3.3 to 3.5 grains of hp38.  3.7 seemed a little much for me.

One highlight:  While shooting (we had been banging away for several hours) we had some deer walk across the down range backfield.  This is the second time I have witnessed this at my folks' farm.  You would think the continuous cracking noises would have changed their course.  It appears deer are far dumber than I originally thought.  I may have to get a license to hunt rifle season next year.

I have a hard time believing 4.5 hours can go that fast.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
my 100 yard range is on the other side of my pond.  i shoot across it.  many times deer will bed down on my side of the pond along the water.  i'll shoot, literally over their heads, all day and they won't move...  they'll watch me walk by them to change targets, etc. - they usually stay put...

glad to hear you had fun.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What ACOG were you using?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
TA01
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top