Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:37:10 AM EDT
I've been shopping around for a gunsafe. Checked  Sam's Club, good price, but not liking the touch pad combination. Did Sportsmans Warehouse in Ankeny, they have a 34 gun Safe for $999 and a 24 for $699 and a 17 for $499.  I've looked at other stores but not even going to talk about what they wanted for a safe.

Any bargins, recommendations out there?

Would need to be firerated, hold from 17+ firearms. Prefer a dial combination lock.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure where you live but Theisens has a dial safe for a little more then the one at sams.

Also in CR there is a place called Johns lock and key and they carry Cannon safes if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
i ordered the biggest safe containing the most fire lining available from pella security.  it is truly a safe safe...  they cost money, though...  i gave $2600 for mine...  in retrospect i'd do it again.  

when buying any safe i can honestly say the following:

buy the largest safe you can.  you WILL fill it.  the only regret i hear from any safe owner, is the fact they should have bought a larger safe...

regardless of what you buy, keep in mind that your purchase can be completely tax deductible.  if you keep your tax documents in the safe, its purchase is completely deductible.  gotta love my CPA...

now that i have a big safe, my wife keeps more stuff in it than i do.  she keeps all the photo negatives in a mini fire safe inside the big one.  our house may burn down but we'll have all our pics.  

and guns...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Try K's Merchandise while you are at it.  They are in Urbandale.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try K's Merchandise while you are at it.  They are in Urbandale.

+1

every now and again they have a great bargain...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't know about the tax document storage. The safe is for business use anyway and no matter what size I get. I'm sure that it will be filled, as I have 3 ten-gun safes (sheetmetal kind) that are overflowing.

So you advocates of a big safe, you gonna help me haul it into the basement?

I've checked out Kay's Merch, they were higher than Sportsmans Warehouse. Will be going to the Waterloo Gunshow, hope they have something to look at. Would be nice to buy an Iowa made safe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]
zannoti....i think that is the spelling.  they are modular and made in the cedar falls, waterloo area.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]
talked to a guy last night in the tavern that says his buddy used to build septic tanks in modular form for people.  now he has expanded it to underground and above ground vaults.  my friend tells me they are inexpensive and relatively easy to work with.  maybe this is the thing bb is talking about - don't know...

i'm going to research it a little regardless.

HTH.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Zanotti Armor, Inc.
123 W. Lone Tree Rd.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
(319) 232-9650
Fax (319) 232-9650

there is the contact info i could find......Brett
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.zanottiarmor.com/ This is their website
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Not sure where you are located, but we have a local dealer that is good to work with. He sells Liberty Safes (maybe another line as well). I've had one for a few years. They are great safes. A couple of times a year he has a huge sale and prices are outstanding. Just to give you some idea of the stuff he does, at one time he was giving away shotguns with a safe purchase. Whether the price is right or not, that's still pretty cool.
John's Lock & Key
Cedar Rapids
319-362-7866
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top