Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 12:29:50 PM EDT
I posted this over in the Nebraska forum, but figured I'd extend the invitation to any of our west-coast-Iowegian brethren who don't have anything else to do this weekend.  

That said...

Air Combat Command has decided the world can fend for itself for a few days, so they gave us a 4-day weekend in light of the holiday on Monday.  Sunday a few of us will be making the trek to Hamburg Bend for a nice rat-a-tat-tat session.  All those who wish to join and have the marbles to endure a chill in the air are welcome to join us.  We usually end up there at or just after high noon, shoot for a few hours, then go back home and drink and clean.  

If you do come, try to bring a tarp or picnic blanket to help catch brass/empties.  makes it a lot easier and quicker for cleanup when we're done.  It's a bring-your-own target thing too, so plastic bottles full of water, clay pigeons, large pieces of cardboard with targets attached, etc. are fine.  Please, nothing flammable.  It's public ground; let's make sure it stays that way.

Feel free to IM or email me for directions or other info.  Any legal firearm is welcome; NFA owners are encouraged to have a copy of their documentation on hand.  We haven't had any problems yet, but the boy scouts have a good mantra.

Only costs for this shoot would be your ammo, your gas, and any food items you may consume en route.  Respectfully request that no alcohol be brought for obvious safety and legal reasons.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont consider myself to be a fari weather blaster, but this is too damned cold.  maybe i will make it out there some other time....

Brett
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]
my dad's guns were the one thing my mom didn't ask for half of.*

instead, she called the police, lied and said he tried to kill her, then called the ATF so they would take away his guns.

i now have them at my house, and dad comes over whenever he wants to kill something.  

*instead of asking for half, she actually just took whatever the hell she wanted when she moved out of the house, including $25,000 worth of my DJ equipment.  police never did find it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
my dad's guns were the one thing my mom didn't ask for half of.*

instead, she called the police, lied and said he tried to kill her, then called the ATF so they would take away his guns.

i now have them at my house, and dad comes over whenever he wants to kill something.  

*instead of asking for half, she actually just took whatever the hell she wanted when she moved out of the house, including $25,000 worth of my DJ equipment.  police never did find it.

nice...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the invite.  i was going to attend the gun show until i found out there wasn't one...

reckon i'll take in the hockey game instead.  thanks for the post!

septic tank
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Brett...when you say you "don't consider myself to be a fari weather blaster" is that anything like a "fairy" weather blaster?  Just wondering as I'm sure your wife has a right to know since she'd be asking for half of all your guns!

you know sometimes you just get into a groove and thin that you can type better than you really can, i must have been in one of those zones.  

dont hate me cuz i can't type.....Brett
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top