Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 2/13/2006 12:51:39 PM EDT
i've never been to this, but my wife squawks about going to vegas all the time...  i'm thinking next year in early february might be a good time to head out there.

can anyone attend?  dealers only?

are there bargains?  show specials?  how much time does a guy need for it?  

associated costs?

any news from this year's show?  cool stuff, announcements?

i can say i'll probably be the last guy to rush out and buy S&W's ar15...  other than that i heard rumors of other manufacturers offering things like the 6.5 Grendel, and Grendel ammo from other sources, etc.

hoping someone can shed some light on this.

septic tank
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Next years SHOT show is in Orlando I believe...... I did not make it out to shot this year, somebody has to keep the chips flying and this year it was me.   To attend SHOT you have to be :
a: a manufacturer with an FFL
b. a dealer with an FFL
c. a journalist covering Hunting Shooting, and outdoors topics
d. LE or Military
e. Know someone with an FFL who will let you use it to get in.
   While it is the COOLEST Gun show in the world, everyone is there, SIG, Glock, Springfield, FN, 48 other AR manufacturers, Browning, Remington, Ruger, Perazzi, EAA,Smith and Wesson... The list is tremendous, its not a show where you can buy it on the spot. In fact, all weapons have to be disabled( whether it is a removed firing pin, shortened firing pin, etc, it cannot be able to be fired in battery.
 For the time to walk the show, there are about 10 miles of aisles, about 2-3miles of which are generally filled with "junk" like the stuff in the other 200 pages of the cabela's catalogs that we don't look at because it ain't exactly gun related.  It takes a good 2-3 days to see the highlights of the whole show.  Take your walking shoes.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you can get in with your C&R FFL.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
wowsers...  i'm going...
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top