Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:02:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I can tell I am good for just about any day, especially 4/29.  I may bring my brother in law along with me for this one, if he makes it up from KC.

I don't care how a rain day is handled.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
what kind of attendance flexibility do you expect at these things?  are you looking primarily for arfcommers, or what?  i was hoping wifey poo may want to come.  i have a couple friends that would like to try the auto stuff.  

i'm not being pushy, i'm just trying to get a sense of the day's format here...

thanks,

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
900 rounds of 8MM on the way for the Belt feds.....check
4000 rounds XM193 223....... check
wait, I forgot the 45 for the Thompson, ammoman should be rich by the time this over.

Let me know when and where and I'll do my best to make it.  I am really looking forward to running a belt in the MG42 and the 1919.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I think a notice should be put up at the entrance of the range a week before the shoot. Saying something about the range will be utilized that day. There were a few locals that showed up, wanting to use the range and it was taken for the day. A notice will let them know, so they won't waste time loading up, coming out, just to find the range occupied.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I realize my location says Nebraska, but I'm an Ames resident stationed at Offutt AFB just south of Omaha.  I'm always down for a trip home for the weekend, and would love to come out and play. I'm wondering the same as Septic--any chance a friend or two could tag along?  one would be wifey and her purple AK, and the other would be another arfcommer also stationed here in hell.  

along with that, i'm curious what calibers the FA toys would be so that I can purchase ammo in preparation.  even better than just caliber would be a direct link, but only if someone's feeling super-nice.  otherwise i could probably be persuaded to not be *too* lazy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]
that works too.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In the words of Pink Floyd, "Hello...is there anybody in there?"

I am nodding.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
i'll run these days passed wifey poo.  i'll take your poll and give you feedback.  

sorry, i wasn't able to do it earlier...  i WILL NOW...

septic tank
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#12]
i am going to refrain from answering the poll for now, as i can only answer once.  but i will be there on any date.  my wife will try to be also.  for her schedule, as long as we know the date about 3 weeks ahead of time she should be able to get the day off.  there are my 2 pennies worth

Brett
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#13]
that april 29th day is looking pretty good.  i'd likely be able to attend other days as long as there was a decision in the near future so i can make schedule adjustments.  

keep us informed.

thanks,

septic tank
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Right now the poll says there are 21 votes.  Individual choices only add up to 19.  Am I missing something, or does Iowa HTF math just suck?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I went to Iowa public skule, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed THAT crappy.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Right now the poll says there are 21 votes.  Individual choices only add up to 19.  Am I missing something, or does Iowa HTF math just suck?

this is how republicans steal the elections...

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I've not made it to a meet yet, but I will make this one.  I always seem to check the Hometown board the day after a shoot.  I'm in for whatever weekend works the best for everyone else.  (Ahh the single life)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump and tag
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I voted for any day, but I would rather have it the 29th of April or later. I hope my new rifle will be ready by then!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Any day should be fine as long as the morels aren't popping!  So I voted for April 9th.  Because they wont be up by then.  I eat, sleep, and breathe guns 10 months out of the year.  The other 2 months I eat, sleep, and breathe morels, and eat and eat and eat........  No matter what though I'll try to be there this year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm getting some scheduling pressure from work.  Any day would work for me as long as I get it scheduled with enough notice.  I'll be waiting and watching for a final decision.  I can't wait to get my hands on that Thompson again.  

Anybody know of a tec-22 for sale?......Anybody?.....No-one?......How about you Booger?....    
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm getting some scheduling pressure from work.  Any day would work for me as long as I get it scheduled with enough notice.  I'll be waiting and watching for a final decision.  I can't wait to get my hands on that Thompson again.  

Anybody know of a tec-22 for sale?......Anybody?.....No-one?......How about you Booger?....    

there were some for sale at the adventureland show a few weeks back.  the people with the far table in the hallway had several...  i don't know what business name they operate under though...

HTH.

septic tank
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been to one of the Iowa shoots and the full-autos were awesome.

What full-auots will be there this time?

Thompson?
Sten?
FAL?
MP5?
M16?
MG42?
???
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey Septic, I finally saw "Jesus Hair" a while back and I caught him off guard with what you told me to tell him.  He said that it was bothering him "who" you had talked to.  I kept thinking that I would see him sooner or later.  

I was kidding with the tec-22.  Booger knows where one is and I'm just waiting till it's up for sale.

I was at the Adventureland show, but I got there late and missed the tec-22's, I heard that they were high in price.  I saw the tec-9 for $299 or $399, I forget.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:52:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hey Septic, I finally saw "Jesus Hair" a while back and I caught him off guard with what you told me to tell him.  He said that it was bothering him "who" you had talked to.  I kept thinking that I would see him sooner or later.  

he certainly gave the Jesus hair appearance didn't he?  i tease ol' bob routinely about this...  

good times.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#27]
how about that date???

i need to get something on the calendar also.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top