Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:04:54 PM EDT
i'm meeting with the iowacarry.org guys on friday night.  we discussed the possibility of getting together with the ar15.com group after a saturday DSM gun show, so more people were able to attend as well as the Superior and RBP folks.  any interest in this?

let's hear it.

s.tank

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
+1

Saturday night at Legends sounds like a plan!

put me in!  so far there is you and me...  and you....  and me.............  you suppose anyone else will show since we said we'd both be there?

s.tank

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Still early, but feeling flexible here...  Don't know if I really want to make it now though septic!

In reality, I am still noncomittal, but will probably be there for both as long as I am in town.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
you need an "I'm just a waffler" option on your poll.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Still early, but feeling flexible here...  Don't know if I really want to make it now though septic!

In reality, I am still noncomittal, but will probably be there for both as long as I am in town.

what the hell?  i post a disclaimer in my sig line "of course i could be full of shit" so why would anyone take me seriously???    why wouldn't you want to kick back and visit?

hope you make it.  i'll even buy the first round...  i hope that statement doesn't hurt my credit card...  

s.tank

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Considering I work Friday and Saturday night and Sunday morning  I probably wont be able to make it.  My Job is NOT condusive to me having any gun fun!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
quit.  you can have all the gun fun you want...  of course, gun fun doesn't always pay the bills...

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
quit.  you can have all the gun fun you want...  of course, gun fun doesn't always pay the bills...

hr

If only. hsI even tried to figure a way I could start selling gun parts online for a new career.   I also considered getting my FFL but don't like all the BS associated with it.  So I am still doing the Chef thing.  Doing what I do for a career makes it hard to do what I want to do.  When everybody is relaxing and having a good time I am working.  You have to be a little(lot) crazy to be in foodservice.  I'll quit bitching now.  

So have fun, without me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
My schedule, or there lack of, will allow me to attend.  One ? tho', where is Okoboji Bar and Grill.  Have

Later -

Coltgunner
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Here ya go:

The address for Okoboji:
1225 Copper Creek Drive Suite A
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
515-265-8055

Here is a map that shows how to get there from the fairgrounds:

Okoboji in Pleasant Hill

But it looks like they are going to be across the street at Legends.  However, if you are able to find Okoboji, you will be able to find Legends.

Edit:
Heck, I reread the following:
"3) We could eat at Okoboji and then go across the street for the extended gab session and partake in some liquid refreshments to wash our food down."  so it looks like they may be starting at Okoboji.

I am sure someone will put it in crayola colors before it happens.  We still have two weeks.  Looks like the turnout may steadily grow for these.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Possibilities are opening up for me. Wife just told me that she has a MaryKay thing to go to on Fri. the 27. So maybe I will be up there for the meet and the gun show!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Yammerschooner, I see it's really easy to get to.

Later

Coltgunner
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]
booger,

you want to meet at legends and stay or eat and okoboji and move to legends?

we could get a table easier if we were there for supper and stayed than leaving a place at or after 7pm and tried to go elsewhere...  just a thought - you decide.  i agree with you, legends is a lot easier to go to and lounge around.

as a moderator, some direction on this is appropriate!!!  decide on a plan and post it - and that's what we'll do.

thanks man,

see you guys there!

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Okoboji it is.  see you guys there.

septic tank

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top