Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:12:35 AM EDT
Group of us went to the range (Ankeny) Saturday morning and had some fun.

www.hunt101.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=27137&cat=500
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Rat-ta-tat-tat at a public range like that how do you go about setting up targets and such?  Do you simply wait till everybody is done shooting and then everyone goes down range and changes there targets?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.  I grew up on a farm and always had my own private range.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Your right....we just had to wait for a couple of older gents to cease fire for us to go down and set up.  I grew up on a farm also and it sucks to have to go to a range instead of the back 40.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, what the heck, that is MY range!!!

Alas, I wasn't invited :(

I've never seen another AR while I have been out there.

The 'Ankeny' range (oddly enough, it isn't in Ankeny, but rather Bondurant) is a pretty good range.  Rarely do I go there and have to contend with other people.

When there are others, they are fairly accomodating when it comes to placing targets downrange.

I've only had two non-positive experiences there, and they both have to do with the same guy.  He was going to 'teach' me how to do things the right way when I was shooting out there...

Never mind I was banging the plates with my .22 off hand, and he was having a bitch from the bench.

Real odd cat, that guy.  That's about when i bring out the AR and make the plates really dance :)

He was one of the few people that made me want to pack up and leave earlier than I had wanted.

But like I said, this was only two times of the MANY that I've been there.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys what are the details of this range?  Bondurant is pretty close to my house.  What is the address, hours, cost, etc....

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a private range (Isaac Walton League, 85 / year).  It is at 56th and 110th street.

Here is a google map.  Back out and you can see where it is

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top